We publish monthly updates with news and information about the organization and upcoming events. If you’d like to receive the newsletter in your inbox, fill out the form below!
Monthly updates archive
- June MakeICT News - Patrick and Barb teach kids to solder at Riverfest STEAM city. A huge thank you to all the volunteers who helped this week: Barb Davis, Kim Burton, Patrick Hutchison, LaDeana Dockery, Malissa Long, Rhonda Davis, Mark Esau, Krissie Lagana, Trysten Jones, Drew Holler, David Span June MakeICT News Hello Makers! There is a lot going on in June, but first a reminder to please attend our Annual […]
- May Newsletter - Our latest featured maker is woodworker Allan Bacon who makes amazing live edge tables and mixed media pieces. Read about Allan’s story on our blog. May News & Events Happy springtime, Wichita Makers! I hope everyone is enjoying the weather and all the great things Wichita has to offer when the weather gets warmer. We have so […]
- March Maker News - MakeICT brought a wind tunnel to this year’s SWE Engineering Expo to let kids test their own paper airplanes or other objects and learn about lift. Special thanks to our wind tunnel builders lead by Barb Davis and Mike Hutton, and to Jim Hammer, Tom McGuire, and Jace Francis for staffing our booth all day! […]
- February 2018 Newsletter - Our laser cutter has made some pretty fly designs Laser Cutter Fundraising Members, We are preparing to purchase a second laser cutter. We are specing a more powerful 90-100W laser with a larger bed size 51” x 35” (1300mmx900mm). This will allow us to cut 48” sheets of material easier. The projected cost estimate will […]
- MakeICT January News: Kansas Day, David Springs, LED Trees, Budget Overview - Are you a fan of our metalshop? Thank Paul and Jeremiah for the ventilation improvements! Next safety class is January 31. MakeICT January News Dear members: This month your leadership was very focused on approving the 2018 budget. As a new president this was an eye-opening experience and I wanted to pass on some of […]
- December Newsletter - Hello Makers! I wanted to send you this photo of our makerspace, with its new sign, on a beautiful winter day. If you think the outside of our space is amazing, check out what’s be going on with the inside of our space: December Member Meeting December 18 We are going to have an awesome […]