We publish monthly updates with news and information about the organization and upcoming events. If you’d like to receive the newsletter in your inbox, fill out the form below!
Monthly updates archive
- November Newsletter - MakeICT November News Hello Makers! Here’s what’s been going on around the space in November: We finished our EPIC MAGIC FIRETRUCK WHEELCHAIR for a boy who was very thrilled to have the best halloween costume ever! Thank you to everyone who worked on the wheelchair! It’s time to appoint 2019 area leads. To help out in your […]
- September Update - MakeICT September News September is always a very busy month at MakeICT and this year is no exception. Thanks everyone for jumping in and getting involved! Here are the highlights: Join us every Sunday evening to build an epic magic firetruck wheelchair for a very cool kid in need! We need to raise about $1500 for supplies […]
- August News - Coming up in August: Burgers & Brooms Sunday August 12th, 3:00-6:00pm Join us at MakeICT to hang out with fellow makers, clean up our space, and have a cook out…burgers and fixins’ will be provided! Please bring a side dish, chips, or dessert to share. This event will give us time to prep our space […]
- June MakeICT News - Patrick and Barb teach kids to solder at Riverfest STEAM city. A huge thank you to all the volunteers who helped this week: Barb Davis, Kim Burton, Patrick Hutchison, LaDeana Dockery, Malissa Long, Rhonda Davis, Mark Esau, Krissie Lagana, Trysten Jones, Drew Holler, David Span June MakeICT News Hello Makers! There is a lot going on in June, but first a reminder to please attend our Annual […]
- May Newsletter - Our latest featured maker is woodworker Allan Bacon who makes amazing live edge tables and mixed media pieces. Read about Allan’s story on our blog. May News & Events Happy springtime, Wichita Makers! I hope everyone is enjoying the weather and all the great things Wichita has to offer when the weather gets warmer. We have so […]
- March Maker News - MakeICT brought a wind tunnel to this year’s SWE Engineering Expo to let kids test their own paper airplanes or other objects and learn about lift. Special thanks to our wind tunnel builders lead by Barb Davis and Mike Hutton, and to Jim Hammer, Tom McGuire, and Jace Francis for staffing our booth all day! […]