December 14 2015
- 1 Reports
- 2 Community Updates
- 3 General topics and todos
- 4 Calendar
- 5 Decision Summary
- 6 Task Summary
Governance Committee (Dom)
- 2016 strategic planning
- Metal Shop machine access policy is pending approval by the board. Plan to vote over email.
Communications Hive (Jens)
- No Topics
Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Dustin)
- Treasurers report
- @TODO (unassigned, no date): Recruit someone to organize a recruitment and retainment team
Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)
- 2016 Kansas Linux Fest, more info coming
- Southeast HS Stem Night, Wednesday January 27, 2016; 5 pm-7 pm, 5-6 workshops repeated every 20-30 minutes; MakeICT will assist Spirit with developing activities, and will loan supplies - 6 soldering kits, pager motors, scissors, etc. Spirit will provide volunteers and other supplies. I need to send SEHS the MakeICT logo. We would welcome any volunteers from MakeICT, but are not promising any. Next meeting TBD for early January.
- SWE Engineering Expo - Saturday February 20, 2016; Open 9 am - 2 pm, setup starts at 7:30 am. Have we received a registration form yet?
Special Projects Brigade (Kip)
- Network upgrade
- Conduit still needs to be run in the metal shop for the Tormach drop.
- Warehouse furnace is completed and functional!
- Metalshop tube heaters done (hopefully...)
- New water heater
- Ceramics room
- Door is installed (Burt)
- Windows in progress (Mike B)
- Ductwork pending (Burt?)
- Need walls built for kilns
- Need more power for extra kiln?
- Need to plumb sink
- Need to build shelves
- Electronics room
- Need access policy
- Need hackables donation policy
- Need inventory/stock method
- Start getting the gallery ready to show all the neat stuff we're making at MakeICT
- @TODO (James S. or Tom, no date): Create access policy for electronics lab
- @TODO (James S. or Tom, no date): Create hackables donation policy
- @TODO (James S. or Tom, no date): Create a method for keeping track of inventory/stock for the electronics lab
- @TODO (Jess, no date): Create an access policy for ceramics
- @TODO (Tom, no date): Send an email to all the BDs asking for consumables wish lists for their respective areas
- Level Up! at the makerspace
- Establishing leadership
Open Wichita (Seth)
- Open Data policy
- Riverfest Hackathon, Knight grant
- Establishing leadership
- No Topics on Agenda
General topics and todos
- @TODO (Dom, no date): Start conversation with Kenton and Seth about 2016 kickoff
- @TODO (Dustin, no date): Talk to landlord about reimbursement for the water heater and the heater in back
- December 15 - Intro to 3D printing with Dominic
- December 16 - Laser cutter certification with Dominic
- December 16 - Woodshop safety class
- December 17 - Intro to 3D printing with Dominic
- December 17 - Build a step stool
- December 18 - Laser cutter certification with Dominic
- December 19 - Intro to 3D printing with Dominic
- December 20 - Laser cutter certification with Dominic
- December 21 - LevelUp!
- January 2nd Saturday?
- 2016 Kickoff w/ devICT and Labor Party?
January: Dean wants to reserve some space for Society for the Creative Anachronism on Wednesday evenings, 5-25 people. Looking for someone from MakeICT leadership to join for the first session.