December 14 2015

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

Reports

Governance Committee (Dom)

Area Status
Electronics
  1. BD initial draft
  2. Board of directors review
  3. BD revisions
  4. Request for comment
  5. Board votes to approve
Metalshop
  1. BD initial draft
  2. Board of directors review
  3. BD revisions
  4. Request for comment
  5. Board votes to approve
Studio Arts
  1. BD initial draft
  2. Board of directors review
  3. BD revisions
  4. Request for comment
  5. Board votes to approve
  • 2016 strategic planning


  • Metal Shop machine access policy is pending approval by the board. Plan to vote over email.

Communications Hive (Jens)

Social media stats
Count Change
Facebook
Twitter
Meetup
  • No Topics

Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Dustin)

Members
Active Change
Member count 161 +9
  • Treasurers report


  • @TODO (unassigned, no date): Recruit someone to organize a recruitment and retainment team

Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)

  • 2016 Kansas Linux Fest, more info coming
  • Southeast HS Stem Night, Wednesday January 27, 2016; 5 pm-7 pm, 5-6 workshops repeated every 20-30 minutes; MakeICT will assist Spirit with developing activities, and will loan supplies - 6 soldering kits, pager motors, scissors, etc. Spirit will provide volunteers and other supplies. I need to send SEHS the MakeICT logo. We would welcome any volunteers from MakeICT, but are not promising any. Next meeting TBD for early January.
  • SWE Engineering Expo - Saturday February 20, 2016; Open 9 am - 2 pm, setup starts at 7:30 am. Have we received a registration form yet?

Special Projects Brigade (Kip)

  • Network upgrade
    • Conduit still needs to be run in the metal shop for the Tormach drop.

Programs

Makerspace (Tom)

  • Warehouse furnace is completed and functional!
  • Metalshop tube heaters done (hopefully...)
  • New water heater
  • Ceramics room
    • Door is installed (Burt)
    • Windows in progress (Mike B)
    • Ductwork pending (Burt?)
    • Need walls built for kilns
    • Need more power for extra kiln?
    • Need to plumb sink
    • Need to build shelves
  • Electronics room
    • Need access policy
    • Need hackables donation policy
    • Need inventory/stock method
  • Gallery
    • Start getting the gallery ready to show all the neat stuff we're making at MakeICT


  • @TODO (James S. or Tom, no date): Create access policy for electronics lab
  • @TODO (James S. or Tom, no date): Create hackables donation policy
  • @TODO (James S. or Tom, no date): Create a method for keeping track of inventory/stock for the electronics lab
  • @TODO (Jess, no date): Create an access policy for ceramics
  • @TODO (Tom, no date): Send an email to all the BDs asking for consumables wish lists for their respective areas

devICT (Seth)

  • Level Up! at the makerspace
  • Establishing leadership

Open Wichita (Seth)

  • Open Data policy
  • Riverfest Hackathon, Knight grant
  • Establishing leadership

Community Updates

  • No Topics on Agenda

General topics and todos

  • @TODO (Dom, no date): Start conversation with Kenton and Seth about 2016 kickoff
  • @TODO (Dustin, no date): Talk to landlord about reimbursement for the water heater and the heater in back

Calendar

  • December 15 - Intro to 3D printing with Dominic
  • December 16 - Laser cutter certification with Dominic
  • December 16 - Woodshop safety class
  • December 17 - Intro to 3D printing with Dominic
  • December 17 - Build a step stool
  • December 18 - Laser cutter certification with Dominic
  • December 19 - Intro to 3D printing with Dominic
  • December 20 - Laser cutter certification with Dominic
  • December 21 - LevelUp!
  • January 2nd Saturday?
  • 2016 Kickoff w/ devICT and Labor Party?

January: Dean wants to reserve some space for Society for the Creative Anachronism on Wednesday evenings, 5-25 people. Looking for someone from MakeICT leadership to join for the first session.

Decision Summary


    Task Summary