December 19 2016

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

Roll Call

  • Board Members
    • Logan Pajunen
    • Tracy Hoover
    • Curt Gridley
    • James Lancaster
    • John Alexander
    • Christian Kindle
    • Dominic Canare
    • Kip Landwehr
  • Members
    • Lewis Warren
    • Mike Hutton
    • David Springs
    • Jess Bechtelheimer
    • Jeremiah Burian
    • Matt Pogue
    • Jerry Carpenter
    • Mike Barushok
    • Larry Meeks
  • Guests
    • Krystal Groshans


Standing Items


Old Business

  • Budget review - Treasurer
    • Need to meet with the Area Leads and determine what we NEED to allocate.
    • @TODO (Tracy, By December 30, 2016): Meet with the Area Leads to hear about the rationale for their budgets.
  • Revisit tool loan policy which can be found here - http://makeict.org/wiki/Tool_Loans_to_MakeICT_Policy - Jeremiah Burian
    • Existing tool loan policy needs to be amended/modified so that loaned equipment will be returned in reasonably the same working condition
    • @TODO (Logan, By January 12, 2017): Revise tool loan policy and re-propose to the MakeICT board
    • Motion to return the (some brand) kiln, generic sand blast cabinet, (some brand) tig welder, and Craftsman 12” metal lathe in the condition they are currently in at the time they are returned.
    • @DECISION: At the time that they are returned, the sand blast cabinet, kiln, tig welder, and Craftsman 12” metal lathe will be returned in the condition that they are currently in.
  • “Random” motion to allow the Ceramics Studio lead to sell one of the kilns if they so choose.
    • @DECISION: The lead of the Ceramics Studio is authorized to sell one of the kilns if they choose to do so. The funds gained will be added to the general fund.


New business

    • Ivan Rossiter scholarship, followed by discussion of scholarship committee to award and administer scholarships, if time allows.
    • David and Curt would like to offer Ivan, whose personal woodshop burned down a couple weeks ago, a 1-year full scholarship (calendar year 2017) to MakeICT so he can access our woodshop
      • He will still need to follow standard procedure for obtaining a key.
    • Motion to approve a scholarship (as described above) for Ivan
    • @DECISION: MakeICT will offer Ivan Rossiter a full scholarship for the calendar year of 2017.
  • MakerFaire Committee update
    • “0% of booths are filled and we are on target!” - James Seymour
    • Had a meeting on Saturday
      • Shooting for at least 75 booths
      • James is hoping for 100
    • Committee Members
      • Chair: James S
      • Tim Collins
      • Tom McGuire
      • David Springs
      • Malissa Long
      • John Alexander
      • Roy Hosie
      • James Lancaster
      • Susan de Wit
      • Jeff (Eck?)
      • Robin Gheesling
    • Things the committee and Exploration Place are hoping to do
      • PowerWheels racing
      • Drones
    • Meeting with EP, at EP, on January 6, 2017 at 11:30
  • Vending machine purchase
    • Motion to purchase the vending machine from David Springs for $175
    • @DECISION: MakeICT will purchase the vending machine from David Springs for $175.
  • MakeICT facility fee waiver for CPR/First Aid classes - David Springs
    • Motion to waive MakeICT’s share of instructor’s fee passes
    • @DECISION: MakeICT’s share of instructor’s fee for CPR/First Aid classes will be waived. Fee will be cost for members, cost + $20 facilities fee for non-members
  • Fire safety discussion
    • Do we need a safety committee?
    • We should try to fix all of the issues that we know are present. Then maybe have the fire marshal come in and inspect us??
    • @TODO (Logan and Lewis, no date): Determine cost of safety updates and propose budget to board for approval
  • Confirm schedule of board meetings and Maker Mondays for 2017
    • Motion to transition MM to be 2nd and 4th Mondays, board meetings to be on 3rd Mondays
      • Motion passes with one opposed
    • @DECISION: Effective immediately, Maker Mondays will be on 2nd and 4th Mondays and meetings of the MakeICT board will be on 3rd Mondays.
  • Textiles serger purchase via new grant money
    • Received a $1500 grant from WCF for textiles.
      • Grant requires us to provide a report about how the funds were used and what how it helps
    • Motion to approve the expenditure of $1850 on a serger for textiles
      • Motion passes with 3 opposed.
    • @DECISION: The expenditure of $1850 for a serger in textiles is approved.


Decision Summary


    Task Summary