December 27 2018

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

2018 December 27

AGENDA

Roll Call

Board Members

  • President - Kim Burton
  • Vice President - LaDeana Dockery (absent)
  • Treasurer - David Springs
  • Secretary - Ken Steadman
  • At Large Director - Barb Davis
  • At Large Director - Rustin Atkeisson
  • At Large Director - Malissa Long
  • At Large Director - James Lancaster

Members

  • John Withers
  • Dean Day
  • Patrick Hutchison
  • Steve Sanger

Standing Items

  • Thanks & recognition
    • Barb for the cookies
    • Rustin for coordinating the explorer post activities
    • Nicole is doing a great job, been working on her wiki page. Daryl Goad has also been making great wiki contributions
  • Safety and security
    • Be sure to turn off space heaters
    • Lock conversion began on lockers in coworking area.
    • Do not leave personal projects in the space
    • Do not leave anything on if you’re not around (esp. Shopbot, laser cutter, dust collection, lights)
  • Treasurer's report
    • David is still working with accountant on audit questions
    • Will have a revised version of the report eventually
    • Will close bus/special projects account and keep track of funds in a separate document

New Business

Bylaws Update

Kim's working folder is in https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A_MsjNgcZFY75iPhsQ9Gy2pySIEuBw9i

Meeting to be set in January for review, February for processing.

Makerspace

Vacancy filling

  • ERP - Vacant
  • Fablab - Vacant
  • Makerspace Director - Vacant

Director job description: The Makerspace director leads the makerspace program and supports the area leads with education, decision-making, goal setting and best practices. The director leads the area lead meetings, assists in day to day program challenges, and reports each month to the board of directors to help MakeICT Institute fulfill our mission.

David Springs moves to appoint Mark Satoria for ERP lead again. Ken seconds. Six in favor, motion carries. ((Decision| Appointed Mark Satoria as the ERP lead.}}

David will put the bus on equipbid and auction it off. They’ll tow it, post the auction, we can help promote it. This has already been approved.

Educational Program Updates

How to Teach a Class Class Jan 10

Upcoming events

  • Next quarterly meeting: March

Committee Reports

Requested items from each committee:

  • Accomplishments this month
  • Upcoming goals
  • Where do you need help/how to get involved?

IT - Tom Bloom

Membership (and Community outreach) - Shannon Fisher

New Building - Jens Torell

Creator Showroom - Dean Day

Communications (and Wikibrarian) - LaDeana Dockery

Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman

Scholarships- Nick Endicott

Outreach (and Education) - Daryl Goad

Fundraising- Meghan Iacuzzi

Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - Nicole Kirkhart

  • Malissa still working on code of conduct
  • Makerfaire
    • Signup day on January 24 - two hour event to come sign up
  • Kim is working with Jana’s Campaign on a February event (President’s Day)
  • 12 week project with Spirit for boy scout explorer post - we will need volunteers and they’d like to come down to MakeICT to build 3d printers. Details in email. Rustin will write up a blurb to put in the newsletter as soon as there’s a start date.

@TODO (Rustin Atkeisson, no date): Create a thread on discourse for the Boy Scout explorer post.

  • Dean Day proposing expanding jewelry area.
    • May take an hour to knock down the wall after possibly a half day of moving all equipment in jewelry lab
    • Would easily increase space of jewelry lab by 50% or more depending on final configuration
    • Cost of renovation should be around $100 in materials, does not impact a load bearing wall or tearing out cinder blocks
    • Would have to rearrange the lounge somehow
    • Would wait until the 1st of the year when Dean officially takes lead over jewelry

Can we have a cleanup day in February? Maybe the week before President’s day weekend?

Voting policy - for next month’s agenda, please review in advance: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Itd5qn8e0ZE63hNHZ1Gup_snlk04ocV38ZEUJKJhnh8/edit#heading=h.24orz7nbsg2z


David motions to adjourn, Barb seconds

  • Next Meeting 3rd Thursday in January (17th)

Decision Summary

    Task Summary