MakeICT's FabLab is an open 300 sq ft area dedicated to fabrication and rapid prototyping. Members can test ideas and concepts before moving on to more expensive materials or processes, or simply enjoy the creative process of making.
If you have any issues with FabLab equipment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3D Printers and Foam Cutter
- Use of the 3D printers and the Foam Cutter require peer authorization. Visit the 3D Printing and Foam Cutter pages for details.
- Use of the Laser Cutter requires authorization by an approved instructor. Classes will be offered on a regular basis for those who need them. Visit the Laser Cutter page for details.
- Equipment requiring authorization may be operated by an unauthorized user only under the direct supervision of an authorized user.
Approved by the board on February 5, 2017
FabLab Area Safety
- Do not use any machine you are not trained on and comfortable using. If at any time you are unsure of what you are doing, stop immediately and ask for help.
- Do not use any machine that is not in good working order. Stop, unplug and leave a note on the machine and notify FabLab leadership.
- Never assume a tool is properly adjusted; always check the tool prior to use.
- Never modify or hack any equipment.
- If something is wrong, leave a note in an obvious place on the troubled equipment and e-mail email@example.com.
|3D Printer||SeeMeCNC||Rostock Max V2||Operational||
|3D Printer||James Lancaster||RepRap Prusa Mendel||Operational||
|3D Printer||Ultimaker||Ultimaker 2||Operational||
|Foam Cutter||Tom McGuire||Foam Cutting Machine||Operational|
|Laser Cutter||Rabbit Laser||QX1290||Operational||