February 23 2015

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

Governance Committee (Dom)

  • Board meeting format
  • Tag teams
    • @TODO (Board members, next board meeting): pick a "tag team" partner for each group
  • (John) touched base with Jan Luth about the Makerfaire deal in July. John and Barb have a meeting scheduled with EP for March 13 to follow up.
  • (John) email sent to USD259 trying to open the conversation about a school again. Lynn Rogers responded that he would look into it.
    • @TODO (John, this week): call/email USD259 a few more times
      • Jens stated USD259 would be pushed to the end of the school year
  • (John) communicated with Gary about our situation and also explained we are happy to move into anything he can line up before he has his "ducks in a row." Quack.

Communications Hive (John)

Social media stats
Count Change
Facebook 1042 47
Twitter 523 38
Meetup 98 27
(4 weeks change)

I need to pick up the loose ends - John

  • @TODO (John, by next meeting): touch base with Seth and revitalize plan for website
  • Revisiting password management: ok to put in the Makerspace folder in Google drive?
    • @TODO (John, by next meeting): set up password system
      • Passwords will be place in a spreadsheet in a new folder on Google drive
  • @TODO (John, by next meeting): work with Gina to map out how we publicize events
  • I had earlier moved WA to the makeict.org domain but we disabled it because there was a vulnerability in mod_proxy which got exploited. I have emailed WSU ITS to see if we can reenable and patch the exploit.
    • @TODO (John, Dom, next 2 weeks): work on configuration
  • Jim Rice put all important MakeICT webpages in a spreadsheet to organize
    • What location?

Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Jens)

Members
Balance Change
Member count
  • @DECISION: work with April
    • ArtDOG - login info in hand to setup profile and begin distributing
    • Letter to foundations - April wrote letter and will be sent out soon; foundation suggestions welcome
    • @TODO (board, during next meeting): Do we need to set aside some budget?
  • 3D printer is here! - need to decide on consumables; Jens would like to recommend a jar for donations for filament
    • @DECISION: filament cost sign, use scale to weight 3D prints, use donation jar to collect funds for consumables
      • @TODO (Jens, by next meeting): make filament cost sign
  • Tax and non-profit filing in work
    • Jens has contact to help with tax preparation
  • @DECISION: Will change what financial information is displayed in Board meeting notes

Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)

  • Report on SWE EXPO
    • over 600 kids, devICT and MakeICT tables were very popular
    • punch cards were popular
    • SWE pledge to return next year
  • McLean STEM Night, April 23 @ 6:30-7:30 pm
    • Barb wants to use punch cards
      • @DECISION: need call for volunteers, use RPi
  • RiverFest, May 29 - June 6
    • request to particpate in parade
  • Aviation Museum, June 20, 2015
    • @TODO (Barb, by next meeting): will contact
  • KC Maker Faire June 27 -28, 2015
    • Do we want to do COW car
      • @TODO (Gina, by next meeting): reach out to community
      • being discussed on forum
  • Speak at East High School
    • Chris Wyatt asking if MakeICT communitycan help
    • couple of speakers from MakeICT request
      • @DECISION: John and Tom

Special Projects Brigade (Mike)

  • Christmas Downtown - "Spirit of Wichita Christmas"
    • Found a company to light the trees
    • Wrote a pitch to Together Wichita 2015
    • Writing a project? for the Eagle
    • Working on a grant for funding
  • Art Hack (when we move) Final Friday

Programs

Makerspace (Tom)

  • Tom is the Makerspace Program Director
  • Code of Conduct? Board voted
    • @DECISION: official Code of Conduct will be created
  • New member orientation?
    • Dom has started a new member outline
    • When do they attend for orientation, 1st hack night of the month?
    • @TODO (Gina, by next meeting): new member procedure outline
  • Guest policy proposal:
 1. Members may bring up to 3 guests into the MakeICT makerspace.
 2. Members are responsible for their guests and their actions.
 3. Guests cannot inhabit the MakeICT makerspace without another keyed member present.
 4. Guests are not allowed to use tools and equipment without qualified member supervision.
    Qualified member has taken training on equipment being used. 
 5. Guests must sign-in and obey all standing rules.
 6. Guests are strongly encouraged to become members.
  • @DECISION: official Guest policy created as listed above
  • @TODO (YPW, by next meeting): waiver form review: guests, qualified additions

devICT (Seth)

  • Code for Wichita!
  • unConference, Seth talked to Maike Mayta, CIO, City of Wichita, about some data sets he needed worked on
    • @TODO (Mike, by next meeting): what data sets are available
  • National Day for Civil Hacking, May 31 - Jun 1, 2014
    • @DECISION: MakeICT money approved for domain
    • @TODO (Seth, by next meeting): will talk to people
    • @TODO (Seth, Mike, by next meeting): work on new website Gina and John are working with Seth

Community Updates

  • Harvester Arts grand opening - Final Friday in March
  • CreativeRush Songwriter Studio - First Fridays (starting in March)
  • Army of Artists "Art after Dark" party
  • Armando (Army of Artists) will open screen printing shop
  • Ulrich, March 14th, Family Day
    • shadows, projector and screen

Calendar

February

March

  • 10 March 2015 Nerd Beers
  • 14 March 2015 Learn to Solder + Pi Day
  • 26 March 2015 devICT Talk - Vim and Emacs
  • 28 March 2015 Arduino Day
  • 28 March 2015 Crochet workshop (move to April second Saturday?)
  • May is Bike Month
    • Bike related art, workshop
    • 2nd Saturday

End of Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting closed at 6:58 PM

Decision Summary

    Task Summary