July 17 2017

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

Roll Call

  • Board Members
    • President - Kim Burton
    • Vice President - James Lancaster
    • Treasurer - David Springs
    • Secretary - Rustin Atkeisson
    • At Large Director - LaDeana Dockery
    • At Large Director - Kip Landwehr
    • At Large Director - Malissa Long
    • Immediate Past President - Logan Pajunen
  • Members
    • Curt Gridley
    • Tracy Hoover
    • Tom McGuire
    • Jeremiah Burian
    • Dean Day
    • Mike Barushok
    • Mike Hutton
    • Matt Pogue

Standing Items

  • Approve previous minutes June 19 2017
    • @TODO (Kip, no date): Send out minutes that need to be approved to the board.
  • Treasurer’s Report
  • Membership Report -366 members?
  • MakerFaire
    • Need more volunteers
    • Need way to verify MakeICT members
      • @TODO (, On July 21, 2017): Export spreadsheet of current members from WA.
    • Need members to go to MakeICT booth to check in
    • Need wrap up meeting for MakerFaire
  • Maker Academy - committee has until September to make recommendations, but will give an update today if time allows


New Business

  • Society of Creative Anachronism partnership (time period 600-1600)
    • SCA is a 501 non-profit
    • Per the partnership agreement, if SCA offers a class, they’ll let us know and MakeICT members may participate.
    • Tanna(?) is offering a pinch pot class and there were some issues with the fees for nonmembers, as most of the SCA members are not members of MakeICT.
      • Tom made it a flat rate for everyone
      • Because of the number of people expected, the class may be held in the classroom instead of the ceramics room
      • Concern about registrations
      • Dean Day - liaison between SCA and MakeICT
    • Motion to authorize Tom to waive the facility fees for SCA members attending an SCA workshop, due to the Collaborative Agreement with SCA.
      • Motion passes
    • @DECISION: Tom can waive the $5 facility fee for SCA members attending an SCA workshop, due to the Collaborative Agreement with SCA.
  • Security policy - if security revokes your key access, how do you get it back?
    • Must complete new member key application and submit to board, or a separate meeting
    • Membership is not tied to key access
      • Need to determine refund policy for 6month and 1yr memberships
    • No formal method to notify member that his/her key was revoked
      • Security LEAD to notify to person, with board CC’ed
      • Possibly add an amendment to the Key Policy that states: The Security Lead, or designated alternate, will notify the member by email within 48 hours if key privileges are revoked for reasons related to policy violations.
    • @TODO (Matt Pogue, Before the next Board meeting.): Write an amendment for the Key Policy that can be voted on by the Board.
      • @TODO (Kim, On August 21, 2017): Generate e-mail to notify key being disabled.
  • Discussion about the member discussed at the last board meeting
    • @TODO (Mike H., no date): Setup a meeting with the member and Kez to discuss the member’s actions.
  • Electric Bus - committee needs a lead, bus has no seats, motion to be okay with that.
    • Relaunch the bus meeting?
    • Issue of Logan throwing away the bus seats without Board approval.
    • Needs inside cleaned
    • Mike Barushok is willing to head up a committee to work on the bus.
    • Still paying for insurance
    • Parking lot up for rent across New York St from MakeICT
    • Bus does have tag and (maybe) a valid Kansas title
    • James L is willing to renew the tags this week
  • Class pricing policy
    • Need to put out a poll for additional fees to non-members
  • Director email list cleanup
    • Going to clean up the list to only include current board members and program directors tonight
  • Maker Academy update
    • Kim has been going to the meetings
    • Have talked about some good things
    • Two main questions that they’re attempting to answer
      • “What educational program does Wichita need?”
      • “What are our capabilities and capacity to provide?”
    • Kim requested a focus group with K-12 teachers
      • Laura is supposed to provide contacts for the committee
  • Drum Sander
    • May be more maintenance
    • Would be restricted use
    • Will skip on this opportunity
  • Security Deputies
    • Board to approve security officers with Matt Pogue’s approval
  • Why is it so hot in here
    • Not discussed
  • Committee signup - review job descriptions (Kim will present)
    • Not discussed
  • Member survey - know where to read ([1])
    • Not discussed
  • Where Do You Live survey review ([2])
    • Not discussed

Decision Summary


    Task Summary