A key that grants 24/7 access to the MakeICT Makerspace can be obtained, at the discretion of the Security Group, by members who meet the following criteria:
1. Participate in a New Member Orientation and be an active member in good standing with MakeICT and all of its programs.
2. Become part of the community by meeting people and completing a Member Key Application.
- This application includes 6 signatures:
- - 2 Board Members
- - 2 Area Leads
- - 2 Active Keyed Members
- Each signature must be unique and signify signers are comfortable with you having a key to the space.
- Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, you are going to make 6 friends with the signatures above.
- These signers will be signing a sheet to give you a key to one of their homes, they will act like it.
- Signers reserve the right to ask you to stay around longer before signing your key application.
- Security Officers cannot sign Member Key Applications.
3. Contact the Security Group and present your Member Key Application to request a key (Easiest on a Maker Monday).
- Security Officers will ask you questions to get acquainted with you, similar to when you get your signatures.
- A lost key must be reported immediately so that it can be deactivated. If the key is found later, it can be reactivated.
- A member may not loan their key to any other person; doing so may result in forfeiture of the key and/or the right to have a key to the makerspace.
- Keys are a privilege and may be revoked by security if necessary.