A key that grants 24/7 access to the MakeICT Makerspace can be obtained, at the discretion of the Security Group, by members who meet the following criteria:
Obtaining a key
- Participate in a New Member Orientation and be an active member in good standing with MakeICT and all of its programs.
- Become part of the community by completing a Key Application Form that includes the following:
- A few multiple-choice and short answer questions to learn more about you.
- 6 signature fields to meet some members of our community:
- 2 board members or program directors
- 2 area leads, assistant area leads, or committee leads
- 2 active keyed members
- Signers will get acquainted with you by asking you questions about yourself.
- Some rules that you must adhere to including but not limited to:
- Contact the Security Team and submit your Key Application Form to request a key.
- Security Officers will ask you questions to become acquainted with you, similar to when you received your signatures.
Having a key
- Each member who retains a key and access to the space must have a completed Key Application Form on file.
Losing a key
- A lost key must be reported immediately so that it can be deactivated. If the key is found later, it can be reactivated.
- Replacement keys are $5.00.
Revoking key access
- The following events may result in forfeiture of your key:
- Loaning your key to any other person.
- Duplicating your key without authorization.
- Disobeying any policy set by MakeICT or any of its programs.
- Any active Security Officer may deactivate a key of a member and must immediately notify the Lead Security Officer.
- In the event a key is revoked, Lead Security Officer shall notify the appropriate member, the Makerspace Area Leads, and the Board of Directors of the reason by phone or E-mail within 48 hours.
Regaining key access
- If a member's key is revoked, they can request another one by filling out another Key Application Form and submitting it to the Board of Directors.
- The Key Application Form process can be bypassed with a Key Assignment Form filled out by the Lead Security Officer.
- All changes to the Key Application or Key Assignment forms must be submitted to the board for approval.