March 20 2017

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

Roll Call

  • Board members
    • Logan Pajunen
    • Tracy Hoover
    • Curt Gridley
    • James Lancaster
    • Christian Kindel
    • Dominic Canare
    • John Alexander
    • Barbara Davis
  • Guests
    • Tom McGuire
    • Jeremiah Burian
    • Malissa Long
    • Ginger Cullen
    • Hannah Adkins
    • Rick M?
    • David Springs
    • Mike Barushok
    • Brian Groom
    • Mike Dickson
    • John Cody


Business

  • Guns and stuff
    • Brian provided some information and detail about what’s ok / isn’t ok with the ATF
    • We are still operating under the rule that NO GUNS will be allowed until we have had an opportunity to research it further
    • @TODO (Logan, no date): Share gun rule with membership.
  • Treasurer’s report
    • Tracy presents the 2017 working financials document
    • 339 total members as of March 1
    • Current expenses for Jeremiah’s wall shared in the metal shop - project is complete $1,1141.49 (estimated cost was $1,400)
  • devICT
    • No news to report
  • KLF
    • @TODO (Logan, no date): Ask for KLF speakers in the newsletter.
  • Maker Academy
    • Laura has a potential collaboration with the Art Park this summer. Will update as more info available
  • Maker Faire
    • Stuff is happening
    • @TODO (Barb, no date): Recruit volunteers to help run booth at Maker Faire.
    • @TODO (Logan, no date): Ask Maker Faire committee to push social media posts for call for makers.
  • RiverFest
    • @TODO (Barb, no date): Recruit volunteers to help run activities at RiverFest.
  • Previous minutes
    • @DECISION: Minutes from the past three meetings are accepted.
  • First aid
    • Need to do some grant seeking for AED
    • Who’s in charge of keeping first aid kits stocked?
    • @DECISION: Create a safety committee.
    • @TODO (Tracy, no date): Write a grant for an AED.
    • @DECISION: $1200 allocated for an AED iff the grant application fails.
  • Ceramics
    • Slab roller…. Never mind (John needs to do some math/shopping)
    • Need more clay
  • Haysville Mayor’s Youth Leadership Council
    • Malissa requests $75 for an Outreach activity
    • Spring has Sprung Art Festival
    • Make-it-take-it craft - tissue-paper dying silk scarves
    • @TODO (Barb, no date): {{{what}}}
  • Girl Scout Camp
    • August 1-3, makerspace will be busy from 9-4
  • Bike Rack
    • @TODO (Logan, no date): Look into grant money from Wichita Transit for bike racks.
  • Air conditioning
    • Discussion/debate over whether it’s a good investment for the classroom, since we may be moving
    • It’s way hotter in the metalshop - we need to at least put fans in there too
    • @TODO (Logan, 2 weeks): Make proposal to board on cooling solution, including installation.
  • Workshop prices, cancellations
    • Materials fee - motion to allow instructors to collect materials fee at the workshop (rather than pre-paying / paying a single fee)
      • Lots of discussion, potential problems
      • Motion withdrawn
    • @TODO (unassigned, no date): Create calculator for instructors to figure out class fees.
    • @TODO (unassigned, no date): Add link to cancellation policy to all event descriptions via event creation tool.
    • @TODO (unassigned, no date): Add link to cancellation policy to event reminders.
    • @TODO (James L, no date): Look into whether WildApricot will only accept event registrations IF they are paid online/ahead of time.
    • @TODO (James L, no date): Look into whether WildApricot event registrations can be cancelled by users now.
  • Annual meeting
    • Discussion of Dates of annual meeting
    • After discussion Date preferred is Jun 17th, (Riverfest is June 2-10, KC Makerfaire is the weekend of the 24th)
    • @TODO (Bylaw review committee, no date): Review bylaws and proposals.
    • Discussion about voting method.
    • No dissention that there was agreement that the election had been in the past been custom to vote electronically and be handled by Secretary.
  • Volunteer Coordinator
    • Not so much a coordinator, more of improving communications.
    • Suggestions for ideas for onboarding/orientation Fez
    • Leads and Boardmembers to talk to people.
    • Suggestion of Skills and interest survey
    • Kez Cook is handling onboarding


Decision Summary


    Task Summary