March 9 2015
- 1 Governance Committee (Dom)
- 2 Communications Hive (John)
- 3 Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Jens)
- 4 Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)
- 5 Special Projects Brigade (Mike)
- 6 Programs
- 7 Community Updates
- 8 Calendar
- 9 End
Governance Committee (Dom)
- Tag teams
- Improving engagement
- Prevent burnout (share the work)
- Redundancy in responsibilities
- Make sure you communicate your expectations, separation of labor, etc.
- Guest policy has been added to the standing rules
- Proposed additions to standing rules:
- Presume the value of others. Everyone’s ideas, skills, and contributions have value.
- If you feel that these rules have been violated, been harrassed, or otherwise have some grievance to share, please don't hesitate to contact the MakeICT leadership. We will do everything we can to help resolve any issues, and the board of directors reserves the right revoke membership and issue temporary or permanent bans.
- @DECISION: -Presume the value of others. Everyone’s ideas, skills, and contributions have value. -If you feel that these rules have been violated, been harrassed, or otherwise have some grievance to share, please don't hesitate to contact the MakeICT leadership. We will do everything we can to help resolve any issues, and the board of directors reserves the right revoke membership and issue temporary or permanent bans. Approved by Board
- Approved decisions from email conversation:
- @DECISION: changed "1 month probationary period" in key policy to "Probationary period at board's discretion (typically 1 month)"
- @DECISION: fee waiver for companion organizations, as approved by the board
- Current companion orgs: Harvester Arts, Fisch Haus, Bike Walk Wichita
- Background check?
- @DECISION: not doing background check
- Second Saturday branding (don't use "2nd Saturday")
- @DECISION: discussed by email, people are using 2nd Saturday and feeling that was OK
- (John) USD259 - John emailed and talked to Lynn about; still no communication from John Allison
- @DECISION: assumed that items are done if they are not brought up again in the minutes
- Lease update
- Lease signed by us and check written and sent to landlord. (We got the new location)
Communications Hive (John)
- (dom) Wild Apricot sub domain
- (seth) New site is ready for content
- @TODO (Gina, John, no date): work on content for new website
- @TODO (???, no date): put new member paperwork and orientation information so it is easy to find
- Gina is working on an outline for how events are publicized
- Password system was set up as per to-do of Feb 23
- @TODO (board, no date): everyone that has a password, please put them in the spreadsheet
- What's this on Feb 23 about Jim Rice putting web pages in a spreadsheet?
- Correction: there is a spreadsheet with the Google doc locations started by Dom
- @TODO (Dom, no date): put Google doc locations in spreadsheet
- @TODO (Dom, no date): Mike Hutton said he did not see a Welcome email, look at Welcome email when member joins settings
- @TODO (Jens, no date): make a post on the forum that when member joins, introduce themselves
Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Jens)
- ArtDog update - event planned pending new location
- John has the ArtDog cards.
- @TODO (April, no date): work on the ArtDog information
- Grant applications - Downing, Walmart, Airbus in work; Kansas Health Foundation?
- Tax update - 990EZ filing planned
- Amazon Smile and Dillons Rewards
- @TODO (Dom, no date): send out instructions on MakeICT getting credit with Amazon Smile and Dillons Rewards
- @TODO (Dom, no date): Solicit Cox for free Internet, Delano Office furniture, call United Way
- @TODO (April, no date): help Dom, soliciting letter and process to contact business
- @TODO (Jens/Eelinh/Jess/Dom, no date): design a tri-fold pamplet
- @TODO (YPW, no date): marketing strategy
- Kiln repair
Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)
- John was in the Business Journal today!
- Invitation to attend The Workroom's Outdoor Artisan Market April 11 @ 11-4 pm
- McLean STEM Night, April 23 @ 6:30-7:30 pm
- @TODO (unassigned, no date): put out call for volunteers on the forum to help at McLean STEM night
- @TODO (Barb, no date): tell Gina what is expected for volunteers to help at McLean STEM night
- RiverFest, May 29 - June 6
- No information from Riverfest yet
- @TODO (unassigned, no date): determine volunteer needs for Riverfest
- Aviation Museum, June 20, 2015
- No information
- @TODO (unassigned, no date): determine volunteer needs for Aviation Museum
- KC Maker Faire June 27 -28, 2015
- Power Racing Team?
- @TODO (unassigned, no date): talk to Curtis about being team leader
- Maker call?
- @TODO (unassigned, no date): call for Makers, communicate with members that they should say they are part of MakeICT so we can be put together as a group
- Junior Coders Program (Seth & John)
- John and Barb have meeting scheduled with Exploration place on Mini-Maker Faire
Special Projects Brigade (Mike)
- Art Hack (when we move) Final Friday
- Indiegogo on MakeICT
- Wikispaces on selling training materials
- Mike - Project manager on computers and networking in 1500. There is a spreadsheet in new Google drive with activities and dates.
- @TODO (Mike, April 1): WiFi is up and running
- @TODO (Barb, by April 4): finish Little Free Libraries
- Gave Jens the packing slip for the Ultimaker II
- Gave Seth his credit card
- Tool suggestion/requests process
- Forum is a good place to discuss
- @TODO (Mike, June 1): create new space/tool process
- There are Benevolent Dictators to handle this.
- Robot Sumo in June - can we start scheduling planning meetings?
- @TODO (Dom/Gina/Tom/Evon, next couple of weeks): schedule Robot Sumo
- New Safety Sultan?
- @TODO (board/members who suggesed Clark Schultz, no date): Check with Clark Schultz if he would like to be the new Safety Sultan
- Code For Wichita
- Saw some available data sets
- Still gauging member interest
- WWC sounds interested
- @TODO (Seth, no date): survey (give results to Gina), launch more formal method of getting members involved
Keep your eyes and ears open for things happening in our community!
- Bike Walk Wichita is planning Bike Beautiful - a women's cycling fashion show. Thurs April 2 at Fisch Haus
- Startup Weekend tickets are available. April 17-19 at The Labor Party
- 10 March 2015 devICT Nerd Beers
- 14 March 2015 Learn to Solder
- 14 March 2015 Pi recitation contest
- 21 March 2015 Kansas Linux Fest
- 26 March 2015 devICT Monthly Talk - Editor throwdown! Vim vs Emacs
- 28 March 2015 Crochet workshop
- 28 March 2015 Arduino Day
- 11 April 2015 Basic Electronics
- May (tentative) Bike-related art workshop for Second Saturday (May is Bike Month!)
- June (tentative) Robot sumo?