May 16 2019

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

AGENDA

Roll Call

Board Members

  • President - Kim Burton
  • Vice President - LaDeana Dockery
  • Treasurer - David Springs
  • Secretary - Ken Steadman
  • At Large Director - Barb Davis
  • At Large Director - Rustin Atkeisson
  • At Large Director - Malissa Long (late)
  • At Large Director - James Lancaster

Members

Josh Robinson Zack Mark Satoria Jens Torell Jerry Carpenter Philip Fraser Christian Kendel

Standing Items

  • Thanks & recognition
    • Thanks David & Josh for wrapping the bus, Mike & Mark for cleaning up the mess underneath it
    • Christian for bringing Zac some transistors
    • Rusty for cleaning up the plasma table
    • Steve Crandell for donating mugs to SALSA
  • Safety and security
  • Treasurer's report
    • No report
    • Accountant is re-accomplishing past year tax forms

Old Business

  • Inventory Party - should this be delegated to the area leads meeting?
  • Strategic initiatives - Discussion was to be sent to the forum
  • WildApricot price increase - have we renewed for a year yet?
    • David is going to do this
  • Who can call a member meeting? Ken/Kim to work up a policy - no yet
  • May 23 How to Teach a Class Class

New Business

Riverfest

STEAM city - 1st Sunday Kids Corner - Barb still needs a schedule Barb to get the final schedule and tell them we need ~10 buttons Barb will email it out, Kim will get it on the admin list @TODO (Barb Davis, no date): E-mail out schedule for Riverfest.

Annual Meeting

Set for June 9th 4:30 doors open, out by 6:30 Dinner at 5 Meeting at 5:30, ends at 7 Election committee needed two weeks out, per Voting policy.

Timeline

  • Post call for nominations now - after IT creates an email
  • Post location & time now
  • May 26 is the deadline to decide the election committee
  • Election Committee consisting of
    • James Lancaster
    • Steve Saner
    • Doug Wilson

Ken moves that we approve election committee, Barb seconds. Motion carries

Committee Reports

Requested items from each committee:

  • Accomplishments this month
  • Upcoming goals
  • Where do you need help/how to get involved?

IT - Tom Bloom

Membership (and Community outreach) - Shannon Fisher

The membership/community outreach committee has no recent updates. We have not had a meeting since the last board meeting. Shannon will be unavailable tonight (sorry!) but would like to know how the committee can help with volunteer recruitment for Riverfest.

Creator Showroom - Dean Day

Communications (and Wikibrarian) - LaDeana Dockery

Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman

Scholarships- Nick Endicott

Outreach (and Education) - Daryl Goad

June 22-23 is Kansas City Makerfaire, anyone want to attend?

Fundraising- Meghan Iacuzzi

Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - Nicole Kirkhart

Building committee

Fred and Jens visited with city zoning officials

  • City recommended customised zoning definition
  • Can apply for custom zoning on June 3rd
  • July 11th zoning committee recommendation received
  • August 11th official notification of decision

New counter offer received and we must accept by COB 21 May.

  • Motion to empower building committee to make offer including $25K deposit, pending inspection and bank funding (expected by Tuesday)
    • Offer may include increase in total price to $175K to include additional non-real property items offered by seller.

Motion made by Ken, seconded by Barb 5 in favor, 2 abstaining, 1 absent - Motion carries

  • Motion to adjourn, motion carries




Decision Summary

    Task Summary