October 16 2017
- Board Members
- President - Kim Burton
- Vice President - James Lancaster
- Treasurer - David Springs
- Secretary - Rustin Atkeisson
- At Large Director - LaDeana Dockery
- At Large Director - Kip Landwehr
- At Large Director - Malissa Long
- At Large Director - Kez Cook
- Immediate Past President - Logan Pajunen
- Cindy Claycomb
- Approve previous minutes
- Do we need to re-count the votes regarding the Safety Class Instructors being paid? ($15/hr, max $60 per the recommendation at the September 11 2017 - Area Leads Meeting)
- Treasurer’s Report
- Finance Committee Report
- New area lead timeline
- Maker Academy/Outreach
- Name suggestions?
- Kansas Linux Fest
- In May
Need to make sure committee leads are listed on http://makeict.org/leadership/
What's the difference between a program and a committee?
- Area leads: responsible for specific square footage of the makerspace
- Board can appoint committee members, cannot appoint assistant area leads
- Board hears report outs from committees and programs, not areas
- Program must be an established committee FIRST, then a program
- Facilities/Building (Lewis)
- Outreach (Barb)
- Finance (David)
- Scholarships (David)
- Review scholarship application - Kim requests head nods to publicize this
- Scholarship committee: Kim, Dominic, Tracy, David
- Scholarship committee members cannot be on scholarship or have family/friends on scholarship
- Makerfaire (James S)
- Events & Community (LaDeana)
- Halloween party planning
- Alternative Gifts Market (Kim B)
- Tallgrass Film Festival - Especially October 21
- Science Hack Day February 17-18?
- Fundraising/Donor recognition (Paul M)
- Art Auction - final Friday in October
- Communications (James L)
- Recent blog posts
- Future blog posts
- Youtube channel
- Poster campaign
- Strategic Vision (Malissa)
- Community/Membership/Volunteers (LaDeana)
- Membership report
- IT (Paul H)
- How is discourse going?
- Security (Matt P)
- New key form and policy
- Special Projects (Kip)
- Electric Bus (Mike B)
Proposal of new standing rule
Current bylaws: No material property of the corporation may be given to, loaned or placed in the possession of a third party without the expressed permission of the Board of Directors.
Is a re-word necessary? Material property of the corporation may be disposed of or placed in the possession of a third party according to the specifications set forth by the standing rules
Standing rule proposal:
Items donated or purchased by the corporation may not be disposed of or placed in possession of a third party without the signatures of three different people:
- The applicable area lead
- The makerspace program director
- A member of the MakeICT board of directors
Another member of the MakeICT board of directors can sign in place of the makerspace program director.
No signatures are required to dispose of or transfer items that were accepted as hackables.
Other New Business
- Better cameras are needed
- We've never been able to use the current system as it is
- No policies for who can view footage
- Camera committee to be lead by ___
- Items tagged for removal - how's the craigslisting going?
- Lake Afton Public Observatory
- They can use our badge printer, paying back for individual supplies ($1 per badge?) but nothing extra covering the cost of the machine
- Exchange: Quarterly member nights for MakeICT members
- James L was originally tasks with writing up this proposal, these bullets are Kim's stab at it, James feel free to re-write.
- Spirit partnership
- Kim wrote up a long email. No response yet. Mike H/Rustin were tasked to follow up - sign printing would be nice
- Artist studios
- Gift cards - how will they work?
- Donations page
- Business cards