October 19 2015
- 1 Reports
- 2 Community Updates
- 3 General topics and todos
- 4 Calendar
- 5 Decision Summary
- 6 Task Summary
Governance Committee (Dom)
- Community Advisory Board
- Any volunteers to organize?
- Invitations to collaborate
- We will link to all collaborators on our website
- We will ask all collaborators to link us on their websites
- Could ask for workshops (X per year), event sponsorships (Y per year), fiscal sponsorship ($Z per year), etc
|Organization||For us||For them||Collaborations|
|* Bike Walk Wichita||
|* Harvester Arts||
|* Fisch Haus||
|Women Who Code Wichita||
|ICT Army of Artists||
|Sunflower Woodworker's Guild||
|The Labor Party||
- Sunflower Woodworker's Guild
- Women Who Code Wichita
- Access policies
- Vote to approve fab lab?
- Community advisory board
- @DECISION: The $5 per person fee will be waived for the Woodworker's Guild meeting.
- @DECISION: The machine access policy for the FabLab passes.
- @TODO (Mike D. or Brian, no date): Pick dates and times for laser cutter certification classes
- @TODO (Jens, no date): Create events for laser cutter certification classes
Communications Hive (Jens)
- Marketing meeting recap
- web analytics review (will help with new site layout) - Andy
- ensure media are on our newsletter distribution - Dom
- business cards (when logo design finished) - Dana
- Internal marketing efforts
- member directory
- FAQ on new site
- wiki help/instruction
- help existing members use the space!
Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Dustin)
- Treasurers report
- BD managers-v-doers
- Donor recognition progress
- Financial review for next working meeting?
- Corp members
- No word on WCF grant or NetAbility grant yet.
- Need to pick a method of donor recognition.
- Benevolent Dictators should attempt to delegate work, rather than doing it themselves.
Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)
- Barnes & Noble Mini Maker Faire Nov 6-8
- Odyssey of the Mind Spontaneous Day Nov 7
Special Projects Brigade (Kip)
- Server donation
- Bus Insurance (Barb) and collaboration meeting (Dom)
- @TODO (Barb, no date): Talk to John and Dustin about insurance on the bus
- Gas quote from Kelsey Leidy: $1600 (will need 1-2 volunteers)
- Vote for approval
- @DECISION: Approved Kelsey Leidy to run gas lines in the back.
- New Level Up event
- Self-directed learning with mentors for help / guidance
- Bi-weekly on Mondays, 5:30-8 (alternating w/ Maker Mondays)
- Trying to promote more at WSU
Open Wichita (Seth)
- Partnership with KMUW on Vote Wichita project
- BusICT close to launch
- New project: Infant Info
- DDD Avenue Art Days Album
- WCF / Knight Cities Challenge Brainstorm
- Shocker Startup Meeting this Wednesday
General topics and todos
- @TODO (Seth and Jens, no date): Solicit Cox for internet service
- Reservation (classroom, Oct 23, 930-11am): Melanie Jenney / Wichita Professional Communicators
- Reservation (co-working/gallery, Oct 25, Time TBD): Mike Hutton / Sunflower Woodworker's Guild
- Reservation (classroom, Nov 4, 630-930pm): (Dominic Canare/Britten Kuckelman) / Women Who Code Wichita
- November 6-8: Barnes & Noble MakerFaire
- November 2nd Saturday?