- The E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org is used for members to contact the security group for anything security related.
Including, but not limited to
- Wanting a new key
- Reporting a lost key
- Needing to replace a lost key ($5)
- An issue with a current key
Following items are things the security group can not help with
- Getting a member in without a key. Access Policy.
The Security Team Members:
- - Chief Security Officer, Matthew Pogue
- - Security Officer, David Springs
- - Security Officer, Catherine Barba
- - Security Officer, Audrey Barba
- - Security Officer, Mark Satoria
- A lost key must be reported immediately so that it can be deactivated.
- - If the key is found later, it can be reactivated.
- - Replacement keys are $5.00.
- You can bring your own key if it is compatible with the security system.
Getting a Key
A key that grants 24/7 access to the MakeICT Makerspace can be obtained at the discretion of the Security Group by members who meet the following criteria:
1. Particpate in a New Member Orientation and be an active member in good standing with MakeICT and all of its programs.
2. Become part of the community by meeting people and completing a Member Key Application.
- This application includes 6 signatures:
- - 2 Board Members
- - 2 Area Leads
- - 2 Active Keyed Members
- Each signature must be unique and signify signers are comfortable with you having a key to the space.
- Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, you are going to make 6 friends with the signatures above.
- These signers will be signing a sheet to give you a key to one of their homes, they will act like it.
- Signers reserve the right to ask you to stay around longer before signing your key application.
- Security Officers can not sign Member Key Applications.
3. Contact the Security Group and present your Member Key Application to request a key (Easiest on a Maker Monday).
- Security Officers will ask you questions to get acquainted with you, similar to when you get your signatures.
Approved by the board on January 2, 2017