September 18 2017

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

Roll Call

  • Board Members
    • President - Kim Burton
    • Vice President - James Lancaster
    • Treasurer - David Springs
    • Secretary - Rustin Atkeisson
    • At Large Director - LaDeana Dockery
    • At Large Director - Kip Landwehr
    • At Large Director - Malissa Long
    • At Large Director - Kez Cook
    • Immediate Past President - Logan Pajunen
  • Members
    • Kirk Lancaster
    • Mike Barushok
    • Mike Hutton
    • Paul Maseberg
    • Tom Bloom

Standing Items

  • Approve previous minutes
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Finance Committee Report

Program Reports

  • Makerspace
  • DevICT
    • Asked if they could have their own bank account
    • Motion to approve giving devICT their own bank account
      • Motion passes with 8 yes votes and 1 abstained vote
    • @DECISION: It is approved to give devICT their own bank account.
  • Maker Academy
    • Kirk gives report on meetings that have been held regarding Maker Academy.
    • Not ready to make a decision regarding dissolution.
    • @TODO (Kirk, no date): Create brochure for Maker Academy.
  • Maker Outreach
    • North end urban arts festival September 30th
  • Kansas Linux Fest
    • Meeting scheduled for tomorrow (Sept. 19)

Committee Reports

  • Does the board need to cement these committees?
    • Facilities/Building (Lewis)
    • Fundraising/Donor recognition (Paul Maseberg)
    • Communications (James L)
      • Recent blog posts
      • Future blog posts
        • James S. is supposed to write the next one
      • Youtube channel
    • Strategic Vision (Malissa)
    • Community/Membership/Volunteers (LaDeana)
      • Needs more volunteers
      • Membership report
    • Special, Awesome, MakeICT Sponsored Projects (Kip)
      • Electric Bus (Mike B)
        • Need a duplicate title
    • Finance (David Springs)
    • Maker Faire Committee (James Seymour)
  • Area (not committee)??
    • IT (Paul Herrington)
    • Security (Matt P)
    • Both voted on and approved as committees
  • Motion to approve all people listed as the chairs of their respective committees.
    • Motion passes with 5 yes votes and 2 no votes.
  • @DECISION: The committees listed above have had the respective people appointed as chairs.

New Business

  • @TODO (Kim, no date): Remind IT to please update website to remove option for members to pay for storage during signup process.
    • Members - Do not pay for purple lockers
  • Items tagged for removal - how's the craigslisting going?
    • Proposal of new standing rule - instead of board approval, needs 3 signatures (1 board member, two leads) to sell/remove items
    • Reference to Article VI, Section 7 of the Bylaws
    • @TODO (Kim, no date): Have proposal for new standing rule ready to vote on next area lead meeting.
  • Classroom table update (if not provided at the area lead meeting)
  • Art Auction - final Friday in October
    • Review prioritized list from area leads to make sure there are no expenditures we'd have issues approving
    • Moved to approve list after auction, motion passes 6 yes votes, 1 no vote)
    • @DECISION: Purchase list to be reviewed after auction
  • Security policy - if security revokes your key access, how do you get it back?
  • Class pricing policy - do area leads wish to be paid for safety classes?
    • Instructors of Safety Classes are to be paid $15/hr)
    • Move to approve pricing policy, motion passes 4 yes votes, 1 no vote, 2 abstaining??)
    • @DECISION: Each safety class instructor to be paid $15/hr
  • Maker space assistant program director
  • Partnerships
    • Possible: Lake Afton Public Observatory
      • Possibly shared workshops, such as Astrophotography, and others
      • Membership cards was one thing (which make sense, as they are limited and fixed duration, 1 year)
      • @TODO (James L, no date): create plan to collaborate with Lake Afton Public Observatory.
        • Per David: Costs about $1 for NFC cards, NFC not necessary.
      • Permission to pursue this, along the lines of other agreements with groups
    • Harvester Arts Tour
  • Prototyping requests $625 for a 3" button making kit
  • Regular meeting scheduled for September 28. Agenda:
    • New Building Brainstorming
    • Chili cookoff
  • Donations page
    • Need consolidated list of wishlist items
  • Business cards
  • New Badges
  • Open Streets Activities - September 24th
    • Need volunteers for tours

Decision Summary

    Task Summary