September 5 2016

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

Roll Call

  • Board Members
    • Christian Kindel
    • Curt Gridley
    • Dominic Canare
    • James Lancaster
    • John Alexander
    • Kip Landwehr
    • Logan Pajunen
    • Tracy Hoover
  • Members
    • Jeremiah Burian
    • Laura Scholl
    • Matt Pogue
    • Melanie Jenney
    • Mike Barushok

Officer Reports

Old business

  • Quarterly board meeting date
    • Side bar after meeting or at the end, if we have time, to pick a date.

New business

  • Nation of Maker’s trip report
    • @TODO (Logan, no date): Share your Nation of Maker's trip report.
    • @TODO (Kip, no date): Link Logan's report to these minutes after he shares it.
  • Wichita Professional Communicator’s ICT partnership
    • WPC would like to use our space approx. once per month, over lunch hour, on a week day.
    • In return, they would provide 2 workshops/events per year and Melanie begin writing our newletters
    • Would like to have the workshops/events that WPC ICT bring to the makerspace be open to the public and free for members
    • @TODO (Logan, no date): Send out a contract/agreement proposal between WPC ICT and MakeICT for the Board to approve.
  • Creation of Scholarship Committee
    • Tracy would like someone to help her make decisions on who receives scholarships
      • This is a good opportunity for non board members to get involved
  • Creation of Finance Committee
    • Committee to help Tracy form an operating budget
      • Again, a good opportunity for non board members to get involved
      • Perhaps reach out to our fundraising committee for volunteers?
  • Maker Academy scope/planning meeting
    • Need to determine what the line between Maker Academy and Outreach is
    • Want to schedule a meeting to talk about what shape Maker Academy will take
      • Can we send out a doodle poll?
      • @TODO (Logan, no date): Send out a doodle poll to schedule a meeting to talk about Maker Academy.
  • Marketing/media/PR person
    • Need to find a person to be our lead on these things
    • @TODO (Dominic, no date): Send out an email describing what the marketing/media/PR person's responsibilities would be.
  • MAME Cabinet
    • David Springs has written a proposal and is asking for up to $80 to finish the arcade cabinet
    • @DECISION: The expenditure of up to $80 for the completion of the arcade cabinet in the lounge is approved.
  • Bike racks at the makerspace
  • Building exterior
  • Access policies / authorizations and schedules
    • @TODO (Logan, no date): Send out a doodle poll to schedule a meeting to talk about access policies and authorizations.

Decision Summary

    Task Summary