Tool Loans to MakeICT Policy
Tool Loans to MakeICT: Policy
People can loan tools to MakeICT if they wish. This is an alternative to donating tools.
- A tool on loan will be labeled as such and will include contact information for the owner as well as a link to this wiki page
- The tool will also have a link to this wiki outlining care, use, precautions, and training options for use of the tool
People using tools on loan
- Tools loaned to the makerspace will follow the same Machine Access policies as other tools, defined by the Area Lead presiding over that particular area. The loaner of the tool will work with the area lead to determine appropriate policies.
People loaning tools
- Tools will be accepted by MakeICT subject to approval by the MakeICT Board of Directors and/or the area lead where the tool is to be used.
- Tools may be retrieved at any time by the owner
- MakeICT will ensure loaned tools are maintained in approximately the same or better condition than they were received in.
- If a tool you loan to MakeICT harms any person or property while under operation of MakeICT, you will not be held responsible.
- MakeICT has limited space and may at any time request that you take back your tool. If such a request is made you have 30 days to remove your tool before it is subject to disposal.
- The loaner of the tool will determine who is allowed to perform maintenance or make repairs on the tool. This must be specified before the loan can be accepted.
- MakeICT keeps a list of tools on loan on this google spreadsheet
This policy is based on a model shown successful at Bloominglabs, a hackerspace in Bloomington, Indiana.