Purpose of online presence
- What is MakeICT?
- Do I want to join? How?
- What are some upcoming events?
- I'd like to register for event X
- What are members working on?
- I'd like to join/participate in special interest group X
- Where could I learn more?
- How do we take people from interest to member?
- Add email and questions to Meetup
- on ITS server. Only Dom and John have accounts. Only John has sudo access.
- ITS is cooperative. The general outline is that they deal with low level (mysql, etc.) and we deal with high level (WP, etc.)
- There's some overlap. For example, we've played with Apache configs etc.
- Custom code by Obiedom (Makerspace gears, WA API, what do you want to learn/teach)
- Wild Apricot
- FB, Twitter, G+, Meetup, Google Calendar, Google Groups
- create FB page
- RSVP and tix are separated on FB.
- Figuring out how many people are coming and getting them to buy tix is tricky
- put on Google calendar
- put in WA
Special Interest Groups
- Some are maintaining their own google group lists
- front page needs work. See Dallas Makerspace website for comparison
- perhaps a list of events coming up as a widget in WP?
- integrate FB, WA, etc.
- tickle reminders about events
- WA should be transparent to the user, ideally
- members host about themselves, their projects
- Slack channel?
- Bitbucket or other issue tracker?
- Who posts on our various social media? (not stepping on each other's toes while at the same time not being bureaucratic)
- Easier fixes, as suggested by Gina
stuff we don't need to talk about in the Live Hive Jive
integration of WA such that WA is transparent
- already working: proxy makes WA appear as part of the makeict.org domain
- https (an issue for payment)
- email reminders from WA all point to WA domain
- We can add a domain to WA and request ITS sets that up for us?