Difference between revisions of "August 22 2019"

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "2019 August 22 Board meeting minutes =AGENDA= == Roll Call == === Board Members === * President - David Springs * Vice President - Alysa Bumgarner * Treasurer - Devin Halsey...")
(No difference)

Revision as of 01:00, 23 August 2019

2019 August 22 Board meeting minutes

AGENDA

Roll Call

Board Members

  • President - David Springs
  • Vice President - Alysa Bumgarner
  • Treasurer - Devin Halsey
  • Secretary - Rustin Atkeisson
  • At Large Director - LaDeana Dockery
  • At Large Director - Scott Sullivan (absent)
  • At Large Director - Josh Robinson (absent)
  • At Large Director - Malissa Long
  • Immediate Past President - Kim Burton

Members

Christian Kindel Logan Pajunen Ian Worrell Steve Saner Patrick Hutchison Kevin Bomgarner James Lancaster Allan Bacon Jerry Carpenter David Span John Nicholas Mike Barushok Steve Sauer Paula Parkratz Roy Lyon Joe Urban Steve Owens Gavin Rondeau Jason Phang

Standing Items

  • Thanks & recognition


Old Business

New Business

  • This is an informal meeting, but the board wants everyone’s inputs. We don’t have answers for everything yet, but we want to know the questions we need to work on.
  • Plan To have a board meeting on Sunday to Approve Move budget
    • Will need a committee to help plan and implement the move
    • Move committee would handle expenditures and coordinate moving areas into teh building
    • Currently have more rooms than spaces - want to encourage discussion on
  • Budget for move
    • Security system
      • Ken Steadman and Josh Robinson are leading efforts
      • Al Bacon, Christian Kindel, Logan Pajunen have volunteered his expertise with securing the building
      • We are taking advice and suggestions on how to make the building a well secured location


  • Garage sale
    • Something we’ll need the building committee’s help with or a seperate garage sale committee
    • Mike B. has volunteered to help with sale
    • Most likely 28th Sept
    • Would sell equipment/stuff from both Booth and 1500 Douglas
    • Also willing to accept items from Makers
    • CPA is working on worksheets to go with the sale (will need to do some documentation because of our 501(c)3 status)
      • wouldn’t have to worry about itemizing a box of toothbrushes
      • would have to keep track of certain sales
    • Doing the sale helps to clear out Booth
    • Helps to create extra capital and for help publicize the space
    • Willing to start bringing stuff in as soon as 8/23/2019


  • Budget for building
  • The Physical Move
    • Would most likely move one area at a time
    • Inventory will be done as we move equipment over
      • Devin and Christian have volunteered to help lead the inventory project
    • Want leads involved with the move
      • They’re the most knowledgeable of the space
      • Will help leads out as much as possible
    • May have access to a forklift
    • May have to consider hiring contractors to help with the process
      • Will have to consider time constraints
      • Leads will have to help us figure out immediate needs
    • NEED TO FOCUS ON SECURITY FIRST AND FOREMOST
      • Logan may have a spare video system to help in the interim
  • The old Space:
    • Potentially turn that into studios for the last of the lease
    • Something that a studio committee could take care of
  • Before we can move:
    • Need leads to provide power requirements for their areas
    • Need to take care of security system
    • Need to take inventory of everything in Booth
    • Get Move committee formalized and actualized
    • Need to get HVAC figured out (possibly donated!)
    • Finish Zoning Booth under PUD (if paperwork done by Sept 16, city council hearing is possibly Oct 24th) - Jens is leading this effort
    • Finish CLOSING on BOOTH


  • Building does have lead and asbestos
    • Josh is working to encapsulate the asbestos
  • Logistics Committee (3 to 4 people)
    • Logistics Committee Volunteers: Patrick Hutchison, Logan Pajunen, David Span, Phillip, Jens(?)
    • Procurement
      • Includes figuring out abilities within the MakeICT membership
      • Things needed
    • Space Planning - Jason Phang, Jason Carpenter, James Lancaster
      • Layout of New Space
    • Inventory
      • Coordinate the inventory of both the Makerspace and Booth campus
    • Sale of Overstock
      • Prep and execution of the garage sale
    • Building Mod Team - John Nicholas for HVAC, Jason Phang (sub-lead)
      • Physical improvements to the building like HVAC and widening doors
    • Physical Move Team
      • This team cleans and preps equipment/items for the move
      • Have two teams for moving
      • one that takes care of moving the big stuff
      • another that carries moveable equipment over
      • possible sub-committees for cleanup before move into Booth, and after 1500 Douglas
    • Communications committee
      • Would gather and post updates about our move into Booth
      • Currently LaDeana and Malissa cover MakeICT communications
      • May need another person to help
      • Need to be more active on providing updates about the move
      • There is a post on talk.makeict.org with more information
      • Would promote the new campus
    • Zoning Committee
      • Meet with neighbors
      • Possibly be members from the Building Committee
  • Donations
    • Won’t accept socks and old clothes
    • Will take items made by Makers
    • Will take stuff donated by local businesses
    • Would at least allow members a sneak peak of the sale the day before
    • Will store stuff in room 7 of Booth
    • Will also allow stuff to be stashed on the facility shelves at 1500 Douglas (to eventually be brought over to Booth)
  • Our last day of 1500 Douglas would be in April 2020
  • Budget for the move will be posted on the inner workings of the forum
  • Next meeting will be on Sunday at 6pm at Booth

Decision Summary

    Task Summary