Difference between revisions of "August 25 2019"

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search
(Blanked the page)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
2019 August 15 Board meeting minutes
  
 +
=AGENDA=
 +
== Roll Call ==
 +
=== Board Members ===
 +
* President - David Springs
 +
* Vice President - Alysa Bumgarner
 +
* Treasurer - Devin Halsey (via teleconference)
 +
* Secretary - Rustin Atkeisson
 +
* At Large Director - LaDeana Dockery
 +
* At Large Director - Scott Sullivan
 +
* At Large Director - Josh Robinson
 +
* At Large Director - Malissa Long
 +
* Immediate Past President - Kim Burton
 +
 +
=== Members ===
 +
Patrick Hutchison
 +
Logan Pajunen
 +
John Nicholas
 +
Jason Phang
 +
Nalini Fraser
 +
Philip Fraser
 +
Kate Goad
 +
Dean Day
 +
 +
== Standing Items ==
 +
* Thanks & recognition
 +
**Ken and Josh for putting up cameras and lights
 +
**Rustin for mowing/pulling weeds/cleaning up
 +
**Mary for organizing the fabrics for textiles
 +
**Logan for donating cameras to help get the security going on the building
 +
 +
== Old Business ==
 +
*Begin Looking for Committee Leads for 2020.
 +
 +
== New Business==
 +
*Budget for move
 +
**There are expenses we can’t avoid (like lights/security)
 +
**Generally agreed not to put in a lot of money until we close on the building
 +
**Insurance has been ordered, will be billed shortly
 +
**Need to decide how extensive our security system needs to be
 +
***Terrance has looked into the main panel, might not need to invest much into that piece
 +
***Josh is working on the video system
 +
****Still need a power over ethernet switch
 +
***Suggest having a blanket budget to cover security system
 +
***Potentially $1000 to cover basic security system
 +
****Would not include automating door locks
 +
****Need to consider/research a fire detection system
 +
*****Does not look like Booth has any simplex system for fire detection
 +
 +
**Need to consider a dumpster on site
 +
***Something secure possibly with a padlock
 +
***Might be something our current service could help with
 +
 +
**Will not mess with asbestos tile before closing on building
 +
 +
**Windows
 +
***Had one more break, but that might have been from our makeshift fix hitting the window
 +
***Need to get some kind of cover on them
 +
***Window panels are about $9/piece
 +
***Will let whoever is in charge of facilities take care of that
 +
***Want the building to be secure especially at night
 +
 +
**Utilities
 +
***We are paying for electricity now
 +
***Still need to transfer over the rest
 +
***Internet - will wait until the security system is ready to go live
 +
 +
**Door Access
 +
***Possible to run door access without internet access
 +
***Would have to be updated manually
 +
***For now, area leads will have to use a physical key
 +
 +
**Safety Concerns
 +
***One tunnel does have standing water
 +
***Need to get someone to look at the grading next to the building
 +
***Need to take care of the gas line that is valved and not capped
 +
**Need Fire Extinguishers
 +
**Need First Aid kit
 +
 +
**Budget
 +
***Set aside $1000 for security to get the security systems running
 +
***David moves to set aside a maximum of $1000 to get the security systems running and secure the building (seperate from the $500 approved for the lights). 2nd by Scott
 +
****Motion passes: 7 approve, 0 oppose, 0 abstained
 +
****{{Decision| Security approved to spend up to $1000 to get security systems running and secure Booth campus}}
 +
 +
***David moves to start utilities at Booth campus. 2nd by Rustin
 +
****Motion passes: 6 approve, 0 oppose, 0 abstained
 +
****{{Decision| Approved to start utilities at Booth campus.}}
 +
 +
***David moves to budget up to $300 for a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher for Booth campus. 2nd by Scott
 +
****Motion passes: 6 approve, 0 oppose, 0 abstained
 +
****{{Decision|Approved spending up to $300 for first aid kit and a fire extinguisher for Booth campu.}}
 +
[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RPcSTJkz8nwAvFqgqjNOgVoxW7dx4OO1MFrEuu2k6UY Cash Flow Projection]
 +
 +
[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11KSi04msxYU7-w7krveraCiDOFY4pfjtHX5u3W3Elzc Proposed Budget]
 +
 +
 +
*SCA
 +
**They are looking for another space to meet out of.
 +
**They will need to talk to Kim about re-newing their membership
 +
 +
*Treasurer will now have a locked office at Booth campus.
 +
 +
===IT - Tom Bloom ===
 +
 +
 +
===Membership (and Community outreach) - Shannon Fisher===
 +
 +
 +
===Creator Showroom - Dean Day===
 +
 +
 +
===Communications (and Wikibrarian) - LaDeana Dockery===
 +
 +
 +
===Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman===
 +
 +
===Scholarships- Nick Endicott===
 +
 +
===Outreach (and Education) - Daryl Goad ===
 +
 +
 +
===Fundraising- Kate Goad===
 +
 +
 +
===Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - Nicole Kirkhart===
 +
 +
 +
=== Building committee ===
 +
 +
*Adjourned at 7:05
 +
 +
== Decision Summary ==
 +
{{decision-summary}}
 +
== Task Summary ==
 +
{{todo-summary}}

Latest revision as of 00:13, 26 August 2019

2019 August 15 Board meeting minutes

AGENDA

Roll Call

Board Members

  • President - David Springs
  • Vice President - Alysa Bumgarner
  • Treasurer - Devin Halsey (via teleconference)
  • Secretary - Rustin Atkeisson
  • At Large Director - LaDeana Dockery
  • At Large Director - Scott Sullivan
  • At Large Director - Josh Robinson
  • At Large Director - Malissa Long
  • Immediate Past President - Kim Burton

Members

Patrick Hutchison Logan Pajunen John Nicholas Jason Phang Nalini Fraser Philip Fraser Kate Goad Dean Day

Standing Items

  • Thanks & recognition
    • Ken and Josh for putting up cameras and lights
    • Rustin for mowing/pulling weeds/cleaning up
    • Mary for organizing the fabrics for textiles
    • Logan for donating cameras to help get the security going on the building

Old Business

  • Begin Looking for Committee Leads for 2020.

New Business

  • Budget for move
    • There are expenses we can’t avoid (like lights/security)
    • Generally agreed not to put in a lot of money until we close on the building
    • Insurance has been ordered, will be billed shortly
    • Need to decide how extensive our security system needs to be
      • Terrance has looked into the main panel, might not need to invest much into that piece
      • Josh is working on the video system
        • Still need a power over ethernet switch
      • Suggest having a blanket budget to cover security system
      • Potentially $1000 to cover basic security system
        • Would not include automating door locks
        • Need to consider/research a fire detection system
          • Does not look like Booth has any simplex system for fire detection
    • Need to consider a dumpster on site
      • Something secure possibly with a padlock
      • Might be something our current service could help with
    • Will not mess with asbestos tile before closing on building
    • Windows
      • Had one more break, but that might have been from our makeshift fix hitting the window
      • Need to get some kind of cover on them
      • Window panels are about $9/piece
      • Will let whoever is in charge of facilities take care of that
      • Want the building to be secure especially at night
    • Utilities
      • We are paying for electricity now
      • Still need to transfer over the rest
      • Internet - will wait until the security system is ready to go live
    • Door Access
      • Possible to run door access without internet access
      • Would have to be updated manually
      • For now, area leads will have to use a physical key
    • Safety Concerns
      • One tunnel does have standing water
      • Need to get someone to look at the grading next to the building
      • Need to take care of the gas line that is valved and not capped
    • Need Fire Extinguishers
    • Need First Aid kit
    • Budget
      • Set aside $1000 for security to get the security systems running
      • David moves to set aside a maximum of $1000 to get the security systems running and secure the building (seperate from the $500 approved for the lights). 2nd by Scott
        • Motion passes: 7 approve, 0 oppose, 0 abstained
        • @DECISION: Security approved to spend up to $1000 to get security systems running and secure Booth campus
      • David moves to start utilities at Booth campus. 2nd by Rustin
        • Motion passes: 6 approve, 0 oppose, 0 abstained
        • @DECISION: Approved to start utilities at Booth campus.
      • David moves to budget up to $300 for a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher for Booth campus. 2nd by Scott
        • Motion passes: 6 approve, 0 oppose, 0 abstained
        • @DECISION: Approved spending up to $300 for first aid kit and a fire extinguisher for Booth campu.

Cash Flow Projection

Proposed Budget


  • SCA
    • They are looking for another space to meet out of.
    • They will need to talk to Kim about re-newing their membership
  • Treasurer will now have a locked office at Booth campus.

IT - Tom Bloom

Membership (and Community outreach) - Shannon Fisher

Creator Showroom - Dean Day

Communications (and Wikibrarian) - LaDeana Dockery

Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman

Scholarships- Nick Endicott

Outreach (and Education) - Daryl Goad

Fundraising- Kate Goad

Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - Nicole Kirkhart

Building committee

  • Adjourned at 7:05

Decision Summary

    Task Summary