Difference between revisions of "Classroom"
(→Software Wanted to be installed on new images: Couple of updates)
(→Software Wanted to be installed on new images: Added 2)
|Line 283:||Line 283:|
Revision as of 19:05, 8 January 2018
MakeICT's classroom is a 750 sq ft area for workshops/classes, events, and shared workspace. It will provide a modern learning environment with all the tools needed by an instructor or student for teaching or learning.
There are a few improvements planned for the classroom:
- Hallway wall - to keep the classroom isolated during classes.
- Carpet, drop ceiling, and west wall - to make the classroom modern and clean
- A/V system - so that it is plug'n'play for instructors no matter what equipment they have or use.
- PC Lab - Midrange workstations good for graphics and computation more than the laptops can handle
The first two items are happening right now, so there may be some construction going on at various times. We will attempt to keep out of the way and work around classes, but we apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
The classroom is reserved for workshops and classes according to the calendar. It can also be reserved by members following this policy:
A keyed-member in good standing may host a private meeting/event at the MakeICT makerspace as long as they are not charging a fee. If any rooms or resources are to be held or if the number of non-member guests exceeds the Guest Policy allowance, a reservation must be submitted and approved 14 days in advanced. The host member is responsible/liable for activities of their guests, and all guests must follow official guest policies. There is no fee for this resource to our members, but a donation is suggested to offset facility costs.
Fill out the reservation form to reserve the classroom for private meetings/events.
During times when it hasn't been reserved, it shall be considered a shared workspace.
Members using the laptops agree to return them to the proper shelf and plug them in when finished, and keep them out of dirty and dusty areas such as the metal shop, wood shop, and ceramics room. The laptops are not to be removed from the Makerspace. To protect your personal information, it is strongly recommended to only access the internet from an Incognito window, and properly log out of all websites when finished browsing.
|Bitmap to Component Converter|
Software Wanted to be installed on new images
|Ninja IDE||X||X||||GPL v3|
|Cura||X||X||||GNU AGPL V3|
|Bitmap to Component Converter|
|Slic3r||X||X||||GNU AGPL V3|
|Laser Cut Demo|
|Python||X||X||||PSFL (GPL compatible)|
|Audacity||X||X||||GNU GPL 2|
|VideoLan Client (vlc)||X||X||||LGPL 2.1|
- 1x Optoma EH500 DLP Projector
- Full HD 1080p
- 4700 Lumens
- HDMI, DisplayPort, 2xVGA
- 15x Toshiba S55T-B5152 Laptops
- Dual-boot Debian Stretch (GNU/Linux) / Windows 10
- Intel i5
- 4gb RAM
- 500gb hard drive
- Intel HD Graphics + 1920x1080 Touchscreen display
- SD card reader
- 3x HP Pro 3005MT Internet-connected desktop PC's
- 1x Dell 3000cn Laser Printer
- IP 192.168.9.229 port 9100
- 1x HP Photosmart C5280 Scanner - (it's actually an all-in-one, but the printer part isn't working)
- The scanner is connected to the adjacent PC. To scan a document, open the System Menu and select Graphics > Simple Scan
- 1x Plotter HP Designjet 1050c plus
- Capable of up to 36 inch wide prints.
- Due to the cost of ink, designs should use colors instead of blacks.
- 1x HP DeskJet 3410
- Backup 3in1 for Classroom