Elections - Questions
This page is to collect all questions for board candidates, who are elected in June. Anyone can edit this page or post suggested questions, with the understanding that each candidate will pick the questions that best reflect their intentions for the board.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to post their answers as new threads at http://talk.makeict.org by 1 week before the annual meeting.
Candidates will also be given 2-3 minutes each to address the attendees at our annual meeting.
Questions for all candidates
Tell us about yourself
- What are some favorite things you have already done for MakeICT?
- What in your opinion qualifies you to be a board member?
- If you have served on the Board in the past, What do you feel you did right? What do you think you did wrong, or could have done better?
- Are you able to be at Board meetings, Maker Mondays and other events for the duration of your term?
- It is our mission to innovate, learn, and build community at the intersection of art, technology, science, and culture. How would you support our mission as leadership?
What should we do next?
- What are your thoughts about MakeICT's direction in the coming year?
- What's your agenda for what you want to accomplish in the coming year?
- How will you gauge whether we're successful as an organization?
- What should our priorities be in terms of trying to find a different space versus extending the lease on our current building?
- Do you think MakeICT should focus on one space down town or multiple satellite locations in underserved communities?
How should we operate?
- How will you ensure that the board stays focused on long-term strategy instead of getting wrapped up in day to day issues?
- What did last year's board do well?
- What could last year's board have done better?
- What does next year's board need to take care of first?
- Do you promise you can serve out your entire term until next June? Do you predict that you'll be open to running for a second or third term so MakeICT has a continuous, stable board of directors?
- Have you read our bylaws and standing rules?
- What areas of the makerspace are you proficient/not proficient in?