Difference between revisions of "September 19 2019"

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
2019 August 15 Board meeting minutes
+
 
 +
2019 August 19 Board meeting minutes
  
 
=AGENDA=
 
=AGENDA=
Line 6: Line 7:
 
* President - David Springs
 
* President - David Springs
 
* Vice President - Alysa Bumgarner
 
* Vice President - Alysa Bumgarner
* Treasurer - Devin Halsey
+
* Treasurer - Devin Halsey (absent)
 
* Secretary - Rustin Atkeisson
 
* Secretary - Rustin Atkeisson
 
* At Large Director - LaDeana Dockery  
 
* At Large Director - LaDeana Dockery  
* At Large Director - Scott Sullivan
+
* At Large Director - Scott Sullivan (absent)
* At Large Director - Josh Robinson
+
* At Large Director - Josh Robinson (absent)
 
* At Large Director - Malisssa Long
 
* At Large Director - Malisssa Long
* Immediate Past President - Kim Burton
+
* Immediate Past President - Kim Burton (absent)
  
 
=== Members ===
 
=== Members ===
 +
*Christian Kindel
 +
*Philip Fraser
 +
*Nalini Fraser
 +
*James Lancaster
 +
*Doug Wilson
 +
*Jerry Carpenter
 +
*Dean Day
 +
*Thomas Bloom
 +
*Paula Pankratz
 +
*Emily Ediger
  
 
== Standing Items ==
 
== Standing Items ==
 
* Thanks & recognition
 
* Thanks & recognition
 +
** Rustin Atkeisson for lawn care of Booth Elementary
 +
** David Springs for setting up the utilities
 +
** Ken and Terrance for setting up the alarm system
 +
** Mark Satoria for repairing the mower
 +
** Jerry Carpenter for mowing Booth Elementary
 +
** Everyone for getting along while closing on the building
  
 
== Old Business ==
 
== Old Business ==
Line 23: Line 40:
 
== New Business==
 
== New Business==
 
*Vote to authorize moving bank account(s)
 
*Vote to authorize moving bank account(s)
 +
** Is a condition for getting a loan from the bank.
 +
** Do not have quorum tonight so will have to be shelved until the next meeting (not necessary to do immediately)
 +
 +
*Vote to approve purchase of Booth Elementary
 +
**Motion to authorize purchase the property located at 5920 E. Mt. Vernon Rd., Wichita, Kansas 67218 Sedgwick County, and to execute a mortgage against the property.
 +
**Vote made over the phone
 +
**Motion approved. 7 approved
 +
{{Decision|Board has approved purchase of 5920 E. Mt. Vernon Rd., Wichita, Kansas 67218 Sedgwick County}}
 +
 +
*Cash in TD Ameritrade has been liquidated to $5k to help pay for renovations and projects at Booth Elementary
 +
 
*Establish new area creation procedure/policy
 
*Establish new area creation procedure/policy
 +
**More info was discussed on the forum: https://talk.makeict.org/t/committee-proposal-on-septembers-board-agenda/4003/10
 +
 
*Discuss nominees for Committee Leads
 
*Discuss nominees for Committee Leads
 +
**Need a new communications lead
 +
**Need to get a list of all the current committees
 +
***{{Todo|who=LaDeana|what=Create a list of all current committees|done=0}}
 +
**Need to set scope and minimum requirements for committees
 +
 
*Discuss moving committee
 
*Discuss moving committee
*Discuss yard sale
+
** Discussion on the move should be moved to the admin list
 
+
  
 
===Upcoming Events===
 
===Upcoming Events===
 
*Next quarterly meeting is September 28th at 4pm at Booth Elementary
 
*Next quarterly meeting is September 28th at 4pm at Booth Elementary
 +
**Alysa leading setup for the next quarterly
  
 
*Open streets - September 22
 
*Open streets - September 22
**Would like to be more involved
+
**Area leads need to clean up their areas before hand
 +
**We do have demos lined up
 +
**Should use up the rest of the brochures that have 1500 Douglas on them
  
*Housewarming party for the new building?
+
*Housewarming/Closing Party for members to check out the new building?
 
+
**Tomorrow is a big milestone
*Halloween at the new Maker Campus
+
**MakeICT will be 7 on December 12th
 
+
**Possibly combine with a Halloween party
*Group trip out to the cosmosphere? (talk with James Lancaster)
+
**David Springs to lead up efforts
  
 +
*Group trip out to the cosmosphere? (James Lancaster)
 +
**Saturday is free admission
  
 
== Committee Reports ==
 
== Committee Reports ==
Line 48: Line 87:
 
* Where do you need help/how to get involved?
 
* Where do you need help/how to get involved?
  
 +
=== Building Modification Committee ===
 +
*Space planning has suggestions needed to decide where each group will be
 +
*Space planning and Mod planning are talking to each other
 +
*Everyone interested in helping with the move should be at Booth after the quarterly meeting on the 28th
  
===IT - Tom Bloom ===
 
  
 +
===IT - Tom Bloom ===
 +
*Members from the new Building groups need to send Tom an e-mail to be added to the admin e-mail list by sending him an e-mail at IT@makeict.org
 +
*Christian and Tom met this week to go over current projects
 +
*Have been working with Ken on the new security system
 +
*Now have internet at Booth
 +
*Will reach out to membership to help grow the committee
 +
*Will be working on new access policy for google accounts
  
 
===Membership (and Community outreach) - Shannon Fisher===
 
===Membership (and Community outreach) - Shannon Fisher===
  
 
===Creator Showroom - Dean Day===
 
===Creator Showroom - Dean Day===
 +
*been discussed to move showroom to hallways
 +
*will need to find new lead for showroom
 +
*looking at bringing in local sculptors guilds
  
 
===Communications (and Wikibrarian) - LaDeana Dockery===
 
===Communications (and Wikibrarian) - LaDeana Dockery===
 +
*working on an eventual press release
  
 
===Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman===
 
===Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman===
 +
*trying to save money by going with used equipment but should have full coverage of the building
  
 
===Scholarships- Nick Endicott===
 
===Scholarships- Nick Endicott===
  
 
===Outreach (and Education) - Daryl Goad ===
 
===Outreach (and Education) - Daryl Goad ===
*Venture Crew and Charter
+
*Working on starting a Venture Crew with Scouts of America
 +
**1st meeting will be next Tuesday
 +
**Need paperwork filled out by President
  
===Fundraising- Meghan Iacuzzi===
+
===Fundraising- Kate Goad===
 +
* have been applying for grants
 +
* Kansas leadership has decided to give us 3 passes
 +
* Have applied to 8 different Wal-Mart grants, have received 1 so far
 +
* Working on Solar Prize Grant
 +
** Should have announcements on Sept 23rd
 +
** Should have people from the Solar Prize out here for Round 3
 +
** Will be hitting up more people to try to line up more contestants for Round 3
 +
** Working on Wallace grant and Maybee grant
 +
*** Need information from board to proceed with these grants
  
 
===Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - Nicole Kirkhart===
 
===Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - Nicole Kirkhart===
 +
*Have list of previous makers from Makerfaire, will be calling makers early to join next year’s Exploration Place 20th anniversary
 +
*Looking at a big collaborate project to celebrate
 +
 +
*Magic Wheelchair
 +
**Need help
  
 
=== Building committee ===
 
=== Building committee ===
 +
* Insurance is going to be expensive on Booth until we ‘occupy’ the building
 +
** gotta get mechanical stuff fixed
 +
  
 
== Decision Summary ==
 
== Decision Summary ==

Latest revision as of 01:34, 20 September 2019

2019 August 19 Board meeting minutes

AGENDA

Roll Call

Board Members

  • President - David Springs
  • Vice President - Alysa Bumgarner
  • Treasurer - Devin Halsey (absent)
  • Secretary - Rustin Atkeisson
  • At Large Director - LaDeana Dockery
  • At Large Director - Scott Sullivan (absent)
  • At Large Director - Josh Robinson (absent)
  • At Large Director - Malisssa Long
  • Immediate Past President - Kim Burton (absent)

Members

  • Christian Kindel
  • Philip Fraser
  • Nalini Fraser
  • James Lancaster
  • Doug Wilson
  • Jerry Carpenter
  • Dean Day
  • Thomas Bloom
  • Paula Pankratz
  • Emily Ediger

Standing Items

  • Thanks & recognition
    • Rustin Atkeisson for lawn care of Booth Elementary
    • David Springs for setting up the utilities
    • Ken and Terrance for setting up the alarm system
    • Mark Satoria for repairing the mower
    • Jerry Carpenter for mowing Booth Elementary
    • Everyone for getting along while closing on the building

Old Business

New Business

  • Vote to authorize moving bank account(s)
    • Is a condition for getting a loan from the bank.
    • Do not have quorum tonight so will have to be shelved until the next meeting (not necessary to do immediately)
  • Vote to approve purchase of Booth Elementary
    • Motion to authorize purchase the property located at 5920 E. Mt. Vernon Rd., Wichita, Kansas 67218 Sedgwick County, and to execute a mortgage against the property.
    • Vote made over the phone
    • Motion approved. 7 approved

@DECISION: Board has approved purchase of 5920 E. Mt. Vernon Rd., Wichita, Kansas 67218 Sedgwick County

  • Cash in TD Ameritrade has been liquidated to $5k to help pay for renovations and projects at Booth Elementary
  • Discuss nominees for Committee Leads
    • Need a new communications lead
    • Need to get a list of all the current committees
      • @TODO (LaDeana, no date): Create a list of all current committees
    • Need to set scope and minimum requirements for committees
  • Discuss moving committee
    • Discussion on the move should be moved to the admin list

Upcoming Events

  • Next quarterly meeting is September 28th at 4pm at Booth Elementary
    • Alysa leading setup for the next quarterly
  • Open streets - September 22
    • Area leads need to clean up their areas before hand
    • We do have demos lined up
    • Should use up the rest of the brochures that have 1500 Douglas on them
  • Housewarming/Closing Party for members to check out the new building?
    • Tomorrow is a big milestone
    • MakeICT will be 7 on December 12th
    • Possibly combine with a Halloween party
    • David Springs to lead up efforts
  • Group trip out to the cosmosphere? (James Lancaster)
    • Saturday is free admission

Committee Reports

Requested items from each committee:

  • Accomplishments this month
  • Upcoming goals
  • Where do you need help/how to get involved?

Building Modification Committee

  • Space planning has suggestions needed to decide where each group will be
  • Space planning and Mod planning are talking to each other
  • Everyone interested in helping with the move should be at Booth after the quarterly meeting on the 28th


IT - Tom Bloom

  • Members from the new Building groups need to send Tom an e-mail to be added to the admin e-mail list by sending him an e-mail at IT@makeict.org
  • Christian and Tom met this week to go over current projects
  • Have been working with Ken on the new security system
  • Now have internet at Booth
  • Will reach out to membership to help grow the committee
  • Will be working on new access policy for google accounts

Membership (and Community outreach) - Shannon Fisher

Creator Showroom - Dean Day

  • been discussed to move showroom to hallways
  • will need to find new lead for showroom
  • looking at bringing in local sculptors guilds

Communications (and Wikibrarian) - LaDeana Dockery

  • working on an eventual press release

Security (and Safety) - Ken Steadman

  • trying to save money by going with used equipment but should have full coverage of the building

Scholarships- Nick Endicott

Outreach (and Education) - Daryl Goad

  • Working on starting a Venture Crew with Scouts of America
    • 1st meeting will be next Tuesday
    • Need paperwork filled out by President

Fundraising- Kate Goad

  • have been applying for grants
  • Kansas leadership has decided to give us 3 passes
  • Have applied to 8 different Wal-Mart grants, have received 1 so far
  • Working on Solar Prize Grant
    • Should have announcements on Sept 23rd
    • Should have people from the Solar Prize out here for Round 3
    • Will be hitting up more people to try to line up more contestants for Round 3
    • Working on Wallace grant and Maybee grant
      • Need information from board to proceed with these grants

Special Projects (and Makerfaire) - Nicole Kirkhart

  • Have list of previous makers from Makerfaire, will be calling makers early to join next year’s Exploration Place 20th anniversary
  • Looking at a big collaborate project to celebrate
  • Magic Wheelchair
    • Need help

Building committee

  • Insurance is going to be expensive on Booth until we ‘occupy’ the building
    • gotta get mechanical stuff fixed


Decision Summary

    Task Summary