April 18 2016

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

Reports

Governance Committee (Dom)

Area Status
Electronics
  1. BD initial draft
  2. Board of directors review
  3. BD revisions
  4. Request for comment
  5. Board votes to approve
Textiles
  1. BD initial draft
  2. Board of directors review
  3. BD revisions
  4. Request for comment
  5. Board votes to approve
Ceramics
  1. BD initial draft
  2. Board of directors review
  3. BD revisions
  4. Request for comment
  5. Board votes to approve
Print studio
  1. BD initial draft
  2. Board of directors review
  3. BD revisions
  4. Request for comment
  5. Board votes to approve
  • Meeting on Wednesday to discuss hiring needs
  • Workshop scheduling
    • Who actually handles scheduling workshops?
    • Need to review and revise the workshop application sheet
    • @TODO (Dominic, Jens, and Tom, no date): Figure out the official workshop application process

Communications Hive (Jens)

Social media stats (change since Dec 28)
Count Change
Facebook +
Twitter +
Meetup +
  • New logo
    • Latest (last) revision
      • Brought back the "blob"
      • Rearranged icons
      • Took out eyeballs
    • @DECISION: The latest logo revision will be adopted as our new official logo.
  • Website update
    • @TODO (Dominic and Jens, Before April 29): Have new website ready to launch

Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Dustin)

Members
Active Change
Member count 209 +9
  • ArtDOG
    • Is retail ready?
      • At present, everything is still suggested donation
      • Could potentially be ready by ArtDOG
    • If your name is on the Dustin's ArtDOG list, please confirm or deny your availability
      • Need to find more people to add to the list
        • Laura as a "drop-in" replacement for Seth?
    • Printer Smash
      • Do it in the alley?
    • Should we post to the Forum asking for our specific volunteer needs for ArtDOG?
    • Costco?
      • Would they donate?
      • Should we solict them for a donation?
    • Food
      • Ask The Monarch?
      • Ask Il Vicino again?
    • @TODO (Dustin, no date): Send an email to our active members requesting they invite somebody new to the MakeICT Makerspace
  • Treasurer's Report
  • Metal Shop requesting $514 to build a belt grinder
    • @DECISION: The request for $514 in funds to build a belt grinder for the Metal Shop is approved.

Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)

  • Cosmosphere Field Trip
  • River Fest & STEAM City - June 3-11, 2016
    • Will be doing STEAM City on June 5, not Kids' Corner
      • Need at least 4 volunteers for STEAM City
    • No volunteers needed for Kids' Corner
  • Wichita Maker Faire - July 30-31
    • MakeICT will form a committee to review and accept maker applications
  • Outreach Gaggle Meeting update
  • KC Maker Faire?
    • Is MakeICT going?
      • Yes
        • @TODO (Barb, no date): Fill out the registration form
      • Need to find volunteers to go and work the table

Special Projects Brigade (Kip)

  • Need to move network and server equipment into adjacent closet
    • @TODO (Kip, no date): Meet with Chase and determine if this can be done and/or alternative locations
    • Can move either to other closet, but there isn't enough room for both.

On-boarding (Logan)

  • No Updates

Green Team (Cat)

  • A plastic bucket for rinsing plastics will be placed in or near the 2nd bathroom

Gamification team

  • Pending member directory

Programs

Makerspace (Tom)

  • Rain pipe in classroom?
    • @TODO (Tom, no date): Find out the status on this
  • Workshops
    • Cosplay sewing
    • Patents and IP
    • Linux server admin talk (focus on Raspberry Pi)

devICT (Seth)

  • No Topics

Open Wichita (Seth)

  • No Topics

Community Updates

  • Avenue Art Days!

General topics and todos

  • Membership Adjustment in May 1
  • CPRF guest (6:45)

Calendar

  • April 29th-30: Avenue Art Days
  • May 10: ETF meeting at MakeICT makerspace

Decision Summary

    Task Summary