April 6 2015

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

Governance Committee (Dom)

  • Workshop fees proposal
    • Base fee for all workshops ($5, can be waived with director approval)
    • Materials fee ($varies)
    • Instruction fee ($varies, can be waived with instructor approval)
    • Facilities fee (match instruction fee minus base fee)
    • @DECISION: All workshops have a minimum fee of $5. Facilities fee is $5 + materials fee (optional) + instructor fee( optional). Facilities fee, $5, can be waived with director approval.
  • Much ado about old/unassigned todos
    • @DECISION: Any unassigned tasks will be appointed to someone by Dom

Communications Hive (John)

Social media stats
Count Change
Facebook 1108 19
Twitter 690 24
Meetup 135 11
  • Seth, Gina and I are getting together at 5pm this Thursday April 9 to migrate content to the new web site.
    • @TODO (Seth, Gina and John, April 20): migrate content to the new web site
  • Staging site: http://192.241.221.238:8803/
  • @DECISION: Gina is now Marketing Strategist
  • @TODO (John, April 20): Give makeICT email addresses to the BDs

Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Jens)

Members
Balance Change
Member count 66 4
  • Insurance update
    • Board coverage has been added
  • Bank balance - $103,515.04
  • 1st Quarter Income Statement here
  • ArtDog
    • Signups for tasks
    • Invites
    • Bling: signage, badges, shirts, etc
      • @DECISION: Name badges will be available
  • @TODO (Board meeting, April 20): Member badges will be discussed next meeting
  • @TODO (Jens, April 20): Talk to Matt Young about T-shirts
  • Where should we be logging donations?
    • Donations are logged on the spreadsheet in the new drive location

Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)

  • Mini Maker Faire
    • John sent out an email on the meeting
    • @TODO (Barb, Beginning of May): Send out emails for volunteers, Makers
  • @TODO (Barb, April 22): forum post for STEM Day at McClean volunteers
  • Girl Scouts would like to talk to MakeICT in the next couple of months

Special Projects Brigade (Mike)

  • Christmas Downtown - "Spirit of Wichita Christmas" - project still ongoing
  • Interactive wall/window at 1500 - proposing project for approval? For funding?
    • @TODO (Mike, April 20): Need to set up method for makers and artists to submit ideas, share on forums

Programs

Makerspace (Tom)

  • Network and computers
    • WiFi is working. Network information is in the spreadsheet. Same ssid and password.
    • Dom, Dustin and Tom will have the NFC door running at the end of this evening.
  • Learn to solder workshop @TODO (Jens, no date): refund Mike
  • Mail is being held at the post office for 30 days (Dom)

devICT (Seth)

  • Nerd Beers renamed to Monthly Hangout (boring, I know)
  • Added MakeICT event listing to devICT chat bot

Community Updates

  • John: "I told Exploration Place that we would let them know about any concerns regarding the details of the collaboration on the maker faire by Tuesday April 7. So please let me know if there are any concerns or if I can give them a full go-ahead."
  • Dom: started meeting w/ Arts Council, will be applying for grant
    • Dom will suggest the Arts Council have their next meeting at MakeICT after ArtDog
  • Community Partner Keys
    • Fisch Haus, Bike Walk Wichita, Harvester Arts
    • Must follow the member process to use tools

Calendar

  • 11 April 2015 Wood Carving with Roy
  • 22 April 2015 Earth Day - Electric Bus?
  • 23 April 2015 STEM Day at McClean
  • 23 April 2015 ArtDog
  • 2 May 2015 Arduino at East High (Tom and Dom)
  • 9 May 2015 Basic Electronics
  • June (tentative) Robot sumo?
  • June (tentative) Wearables Tom, Barb
  • July 18 - Mini maker faire

End

Decision Summary

    Task Summary