December 28 2015

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

Reports

Governance Committee (Dom)

Area Status
Electronics
  1. BD initial draft
  2. Board of directors review
  3. BD revisions
  4. Request for comment
  5. Board votes to approve
Metalshop
  1. BD initial draft
  2. Board of directors review
  3. BD revisions
  4. Request for comment
  5. Board votes to approve
Studio Arts
  1. BD initial draft
  2. Board of directors review
  3. BD revisions
  4. Request for comment
  5. Board votes to approve
  • Metal \m/ shop access policy vote
  • Strategic planning meeting


  • @DECISION: The metal shop access policy passes.
  • Members of the Board of Directors need to bring their thoughts, ideas, and goals for MakeICT in 2016 to the strategic planning meeting.

Communications Hive (Jens)

Social media stats
Count Change
Facebook 1699 +100
Twitter 971 +35
Meetup 435 +41
  • Social Media guru - Leslie is now helping us; please keep her in the loop if you want to post something to social media or see any issues out there; she is at leslie at makeict dot org
  • Logo update - Dec 31 deadline will not be met; expecting ideas to review at next board meeting on Jan 25
  • Website update - need help switching domain early January; lot of work yet to do, but still plan to have new site up first part of January; site design will be revisited after logo is finalized
  • Member directory - would like to suggest we try the wiki; could use some help understanding whether or not we could link wiki accounts to Wild Apricot to automate some tasks and perhaps assign some badges for people with specific roles or training; can work on this after website is up

Finances and Fundraising Task Force (Dustin)

Members
Active Change
Member count
  • No topics


Remote Events and Outreach Gaggle (Barb)

  • SE High School STEM Event Wednesday January 27, 2016; Activity from 5-7 PM. We need help on the soldering activity. We will be running 6 soldering stations.
  • SWE Expo Saturday February 20, 2016. Need to have 2 or 3 activities + volunteers; setup 7:30 am, Open 9 am - 3 pm.


  • @TODO (Barb, Before January 1): Put out a call for volunteers for the Outreach Committee
  • Call for volunteers needs to be included in the next newsletter.
  • @TODO (Dominic, no date): Talk to Angela about the string art workshop

Special Projects Brigade (Kip)

  • Network upgrade status
    • Need to finish wall drops in metal shop, ceramics, wood shop, classroom, and electronics
  • Security camera status?
  • File/authentication server status?


  • @TODO (Kip, no date): Talk to Chase about finishing network upgrade
  • @TODO (Kip, no date): Talk to Logan about the security camera project
  • @TODO (Kip, no date): Talk to Chase about the file/authentication server project

Programs

Makerspace (Tom)

  • No topics

devICT (Seth)

  • Dev Talks resume in January
  • Leadership established

Open Wichita (Seth)

Community Updates

  • Brainstorming meeting with Wichita Arts Council for funding possibilities

General topics and todos

  • @DECISION: January 31 is the cut off date for B.D.s to speak for Barb's shelves.
  • @DECISION: Mike Barushok is now the Benevolent Dictator of retail and consignment.

Calendar

COULD ALL BD's SEND JENS DATES FOR SAFETY/CHECKOUT CLASSES IN FIRST QUARTER OF 2016?

  • December 15 - Intro to 3D printing with Dominic
  • January 9 - Wii hack workshop by Lewis Warren
  • January 16 - Intro to Processing by Laura Scholl
  • January 29 - Wichitalks (wichitalks.com)
  • Several metal shop classes - dates online soon!
  • 2016 Kickoff w/ devICT and Labor Party?

Decision Summary

    Task Summary