Revision as of 14:56, 14 December 2016 by Poguepotamus (Created page with "== Contacting Security == === Security E-mail === ; The E-mail [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com] is used for members to contact the security group for any...")
- The E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org is used for members to contact the security group for anything security related.
Including, but not limited to
- Wanting a new key
- Reporting a lost key
- Needing to replace a lost key ($5)
- An issue with a current key
Following items are things the security group can not help with
- Getting a member in without a key. Access Policy.
The Security Team Members:
- - Matthew Pogue, Chief Security Officer
- - David Springs, Security Officer
- - Catherine Barba, Security Officer
- - Audrey Barba, Security Officer
The Makerspace security system receives NFC signals, unlocking the door.
General key info
- A lost key must be reported immediately so that it can be deactivated.
- - If the key if found later, it can be reactivated
- - Replacement keys are $5.00 (First one is free)
- You can bring your own key if it compatible with the security system, but the first one is always free.
Getting a key
- A key that grants 24/7 access to the MakeICT makerspace can be awarded to members who meet the following criteria
- Been present and participated in a member orientation, be in good standing with MakeICT and all its programs, and completed a probationary period at the board's discretion (typically 1 month).
- Complete a signed Member Key Application Form.
- This form includes 6 signatures:
- - 2 board members
- - 2 benevolent dictators or deputies
- - 2 active members who already have their key
- These signatures signify signers are comfortable with you having a key to the space.
- Be prepared to be asked questions and get to know some people. We are giving you a key to our home, we will act like it.
- Contact a Security Officer and present your Member Key Application Form (Easiest on a Maker Monday).
- This is your 7th signature so be prepared for the same thing from any of your other signatures.