- Be excellent to each other
- Illegal activity is forbidden
- Share the workspace, tools, supplies, and knowledge
- Pickup after yourself by cleaning the workspace and putting away tools
- Get training on tools before using them
- Make safely (do not be on fire!)
To become a member, attend a public MakeICT event and ask a board member for an application or sign up online
Minors are allowed to become members, but require sponsorship by an adult. A parent or legal guardian must co-sign the minor's membership application and release of liability. Minors under the age of 16 need to be accompanied by an adult whenever at the space. Keys are available to members over the age of 16, following the key policy.
Cost of membership is $25/month, although scholarships are available upon request.
All members will go through a 30 day probationary period before they gain voting rights. During that period, new members are encouraged to integrate themselves into the community through attending Maker Mondays, volunteering on projects at MakeICT, attending and/or assisting with workshops, and/or joining in the chatter on the forums.
Membership will lapse after 30 days of nonpayment. Membership and voting rights will be suspended after 3 months of non-payment. To re-instate membership, pay dues for the upcoming month.
- Members can vote at board meetings and annual meeting - see the calendar for schedule
- Members are eligible to nominate, be nominated for, and hold board positions
- Members may have personal storage space on request
- MakeICT shall have regular meetings of the membership every September, December, and March, in addition to the Annual Meeting.
- Meetings shall be scheduled and announced by the Board of Directors, not less than two weeks before the meeting.
- Announcements of the meeting shall be posted in all customary physical and electronic locations.
- The meetings shall include short reports on what MakeICT has been doing through its various programs and address any issues that need to be addressed.
Building Access Policy
- No person may occupy the MakeICT Makerspace outside of officially posted event times except for the following:
- Members in good standing who are in possession of a key to the makerspace that has been granted in accordance with the Key Policy.
- Guests of members with keys, as described in the Guest policy.
- All members and guests must wear a nametag while in the makerspace. Temporary IDs will be issued to guests and members who do not have one.
- All members and guests must obey all Standing rules and policies.
- All members and guests must have a signed waiver on file before using any equipment in the makerspace, and must have the appropriate authorizations for any equipment that requires authorization, as specified in each area access policy.
Approved by the board 30 May 2017
- Members with keys may bring guests into the MakeICT Makerspace.
- Guests must sign-in and wear a guest ID.
- Any person who is not a member with a key must be the guest of a member with a key to occupy the MakeICT Makerspace outside of officially posted event times.
- This includes members who have not yet received their key, have lost their key, or, for any reason, do not have a key upon arrival at the makerspace.
- Members are responsible for their guests and their actions.
- Guests must be directly supervised at all times while in the MakeICT Makerspace.
- This includes children. The lounge is not a daycare.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to become members and obtain a key.
- Three guests or fewer do not require any type of reservation. Members with keys may host a private meeting or event at the MakeICT Makerspace, as long as they are not charging a fee. If any rooms or resources are to be held, or if there are more than 3 non-member guests, a reservation must be submitted and approved 14 days in advance. The host member is responsible/liable for activities of their guests, and all guests must follow official guest policies. There is no fee for this resource to our members, but a donation is suggested to offset facility costs.
- To submit a reservation, fill out the form at http://makeict.org/reservations
- Reservations will be listed on the public calendar
Approved by the board 30 May 2017
A key that grants 24/7 access to the MakeICT Makerspace can be obtained, at the discretion of the Security Group, by members who meet the following criteria:
1. Participate in a New Member Orientation and be an active member in good standing with MakeICT and all of its programs.
2. Become part of the community by meeting people and completing a Member Key Application.
- This application includes 6 signatures:
- - 2 Board Members
- - 2 Area Leads
- - 2 Active Keyed Members
- Each signature must be unique and signify signers are comfortable with you having a key to the space.
- Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, you are going to make 6 friends with the signatures above.
- These signers will be signing a sheet to give you a key to one of their homes, they will act like it.
- Signers reserve the right to ask you to stay around longer before signing your key application.
- Security Officers cannot sign Member Key Applications.
3. Contact the Security Group and present your Member Key Application to request a key (Easiest on a Maker Monday).
- Security Officers will ask you questions to get acquainted with you, similar to when you get your signatures.
- A lost key must be reported immediately so that it can be deactivated. If the key is found later, it can be reactivated.
- A member may not loan their key to any other person; doing so may result in forfeiture of the key and/or the right to have a key to the makerspace.
- Keys are a privilege and may be revoked by security if necessary.