July 12 2018

From MakeICT
Jump to: navigation, search

MINUTES

2018 July 12

Roll Call

Board Members

  • President - Kim Burton
  • Vice President - LaDeana Dockery
  • Treasurer - David Springs
  • Secretary - Kez Cook (Late)
  • At Large Director - Paul Maseberg
  • At Large Director - Jeremiah Burian
  • At Large Director - Malissa Long
  • At Large Director - James Lancaster
  • Makerspace Director - Christian Kindel

Members and Guests

Jens Torell Ken Steadman Tom Bloom Scott Sullivan Curt Gridley Zac L Rustin Atkeisson


Standing Items

  • Treasurer's report
    • Questions over fablab equipment being in ops budget, David will straighten out for next month
    • How do account balances differ from last year’s annual meeting?
      • 77089 bank account, 5/31/17
      • 1598 paypal, 5/31/17
      • Total: 78697
    • Balances
      • 70,440 TD ameritrade
      • 18,801 Bank account
      • 1158 bus account
      • ~2500 paypal
      • Total: 92899
      • 13202 increase in account balances from last year
    • Over $2500 in sales
    • Sales on stuff like clay have already been taxed when the clay was bought
    • Money from sales on clay goes to the general fund
  • Previous minutes
    • June 21 2018
    • Ladeana moves to accept, david moves to second, 6 in favor, 1 abstain, motion carries
      • @DECISION: Minutes from 21 June 2018 Approved
  • Safety & security
  • Thanks & recognition
    • Brian Norton for buying textiles some feet
    • JB, Paul, Will, Christian, LaDeana, Kim, Cassie for cleaning up studio areas
    • Scott, Devin, Will for launching a gallery show on Final Friday
    • Paul, Kez, Meghan for grinding keepers

New Business

Security

  • Has membership form been updated per our last resolution? [IT] - have not had time to finish it

Programs

  • DevICT/KLF
  • Makerspace

Education Workgroup

Kim sent out survey results to admin list, 40 some takers, results available by request

Quarterly Meeting Planning

  • September

Gun/firearms policy

Ken has ideas, something to be written down

Elections

  • Voting town hall will be held next Monday July 16
  • Anything concerns from members who reviewed voting data

Committee Reports

Committees

  • Finance (David)
    • After quickbooks integration, hand to an accountant, then consider an audit
    • Do we have any accountants?
  • New Building.
    • Jens: Wants agreement from this board that this is what we want the new committee to do. Presented a MakeICT 2018 New Building Committee. Committee members are comprised of directors and area leads. Others as needed, for specific tasks. See report in this month’s minutes folder.
      • To Do List
        • Identify new building needs
          • Square footage requirement - total and unique areas
          • Utility needs
        • Financial analysis
        • Community Resources/Networking
      • James L: are we considering new areas too in the square footage needs?
        • Yes.
      • Purchasing vs. leasing; partnering vs. not
        • We shouldn’t set any hard rule at this time. This could be a good idea.
        • Malissa: those types of partnerships can be very beneficial.
      • Curt: it’s hard for area leads to forecast how much sq footage they need.
      • Will: Possibly have a ‘hatchery lab’ for areas that are up and coming or down and out.
      • JB/David: Dallas if they want to start a new area, they have to form a committee, they then have to fundraise, they are then given their own sq footage and a timeline in which to be successful before the footage is reverted for other use.
      • Ken: we should have a scale drawing of how area leads are going to use a square space. Should be due next board meeting.
        • @TODO (Area Leads, no date): scale drawing of how area leads are going to use a square space.


  • NOMCON Santa Fe
    • Kim got a blog post about this (Thanks LaDeana!)
    • We’re on two committees
    • Malissa is on a STEAM extension committee - will write up a blog post
    • Malissa has also contacted the state NOMCON ambassador. He’s located in Topeka. Hopefully, he will come visit.
  • Special Projects (Mike).
    • David asked about urgency to sell the bus
    • Tags are due. Let’s sell the bus!
      • it will cost 69$ due on 8/31/2018
    • @TODO (David Springs, no date): Sell the bus before we have to tag it...
    • @TODO (Kim, no date): take pic of the bus and send to David
  • Membership Onboarding and Events (LaDeana)
    • Shannon Fisher was asked to take over. She said yes.
    • Ladeana moves to make Shannon Fisher the Membership Onboarding and Events Committee Chair, Malissa seconds. 8 pro. Passes.
      • Discussion: How long has she been a member? Has been a member since Jan 2017. We’ve already gotten an official committee update. See report in this month’s minutes folder.

@DECISION: Shannon Fisher has been appointed to be the Membership Onboarding and Events Committee Chair.

    • Membership Onboarding and Events Report. See report in this month’s minutes folder.

@TODO (Kim, no date): Clarify Maker Monday info on website

  • IT (Christian K). We’ve had a lot of people volunteer to be on the IT committee. He contacted them this week. Having a meeting on Sunday with 5-6 new people. Chaos will ensue.
  • Security (Ken S). LaDeana, David and Mike B resigned. Josh Robinson and Paul Maseberg joined. Mark Sartoria is still on. Having a problem getting everyone in the same place at the same time. Shout out to Josh R. for being awesome on Maker Mondays.
  • Scholarships (Kim). One person has requested a scholarship. Made a wiki page for Scholarships.
    • JB: thinks it’s time to stop the scholarships that people have been on for years.
    • Curt: when we were on the board, the scholarship was automatic for six months, by then you should have taught a class, etc. It shouldn’t be a long term option. Can’t it be set up that the scholarship doesn’t auto-renew at six months?? Isn’t that how it was originally done?
    • JB motioned to that we contact the people who have been on scholarship for more than six months and give them 2 months pay for a full membership. In September they will be invoiced $25 for a regular membership and payment is required for membership and key privileges. Seconded by Kez. 6 pro 1 con 1 abstain.
    • @DECISION: Motion passed to contact the people who have been on scholarship for more than six months and give them 2 months pay for a full membership. In September they will be invoiced $25 for a regular membership and payment is required for membership and key privileges.
      • Discussion: LaDeana: policy needs to be in writing. Curt: How many have been on scholarship in the last 18? What’s the outcome? Kim: most don’t log in and pay the 10$. Five people are on scholarship right now. James L: we should wait on this until we have a policy.

@TODO (Scholarship Comm + LaDeana, no date): write up scholarship policy due next board meeting

  • Outreach (Barb). No update.
  • Makerfaire (James S)
    • Really needs volunteers. Booths and volunteers.
    • Has 75 booths. 30+ volunteers.
    • Need volunteers for the wind tunnel - need to go through Logan
    • Lost a lot of committee members, need to recruit more members
    • After party is at Exploration Place on Friday night.
  • Fundraising/Donor recognition (Paul M)
    • We’re actually trying to do something more than the auction this year.
    • Doesn’t want to scare off the new people.
    • 3 things that he’s trying to get going:
      • Grant Writing
      • Donations
        • Recognition Policy
        • Tracking past donors
      • Auction in September
        • Going see a big push about that in the next weeks.
    • ERP fundraising? Please coordinate with the committee so we can help each other.
    • Metalshop does make keepers that benefit all the areas. Other areas could contribute cool things to sell too.
  • Communications (LaDeana)
    • Devin is helping with instagram.
    • We really need to start making relationships with places in the community before we ask them for things. LaDeana visited two lumber yards close to where she is to educate about makerspaces and MakeICT.
    • There are a ton of brochures that we ordered that could go out as a campaign.
  • Showroom (Dean D-absent)
    • no internet and B-I-L passed away.
    • Malissa has next final friday covered. The water color guy will set stuff up on Friday and run it. Event team can help volunteer.

Decision Summary

    Task Summary


      AGENDA

      Roll Call

      Board Members

      • President - Kim Burton
      • Vice President - LaDeana Dockery
      • Treasurer - David Springs
      • Secretary - Kez Cook
      • At Large Director - Paul Maseberg
      • At Large Director - Jeremiah Burian
      • At Large Director - Malissa Long
      • At Large Director - James Lancaster

      Members and Guests

      Standing Items

      • Treasurer's report
      • Previous minutes
      • Safety & security
      • Thanks & recognition

      New Business

      Security

      • Has membership form been updated per our last resolution? [IT] - have not had time to finish it

      Programs

      • DevICT/KLF
      • Makerspace

      Education Workgroup

      Quarterly Meeting Planning

      • September

      Gun/firearms policy

      Elections

      • Voting town hall was held ___
      • Anything concerns from members who reviewed voting data

      Committee Reports

      Committees

      • Finance (David)
        • Where are new building funds allocated?
        • Cashflow report
      • New Building.
        • Jens was not asked for a report.
      • NOMCON Santa Fe
        • Kim would love a blog post about this.
      • Special Projects (Mike).
        • David asked about urgency to sell the bus
      • Membership and Events (LaDeana)
      • IT (Christian K). We’ve had a lot of people volunteer to be on the IT committee. He will be contacting them this week.
      • Security (David S). No update.
      • Scholarships (Kim). No one has requested scholarships.
      • Outreach (Barb). No update.
      • Makerfaire (James S)
        • Really needs volunteers. Booths and volunteers.
        • Need volunteers for the wind tunnel.
      • Fundraising/Donor recognition (Paul M)
      • Communications (LaDeana)
      • Showroom (Dean D)
      • Consignment
        • Kim is still working on it. Needs photos.
      • NOMCOM to talk at quarterly meeting.


      Decision Summary

        Task Summary